Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

A simple relay triggering circuit!
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wulfthang
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:25 pm    Post subject: A simple relay triggering circuit! Reply with quote

I like electrical stuff. I like switches and doodads and gauges and relays and things that do stuff! The best part is that my self invented and designed circuits usually work pretty well! So, if you're offended or triggered by wires and switches and stuff like that, go away!

This is a simple but neat little circuit that does a lot of work. It's also cheap.
Some people run major lighting circuits thru their panel switches but most of us prefer relays. This is for them!

If you have fog lights, driving lights, roof top lights, head lights, sideways lights or alien landing zone lights, etc, you have a relay for each one of those. Somewhere in your car, you have a switch for each one of those relay/lights. Maybe you even have a "light horn button" mounted on a fighter pilot type mini panel on your shifter so you can flash your hi-beams at some idiot who just pulled out in front of you or looks like he might.

On my car, I have a switch that I can reach with my thumb while holding onto the shifter. Push it forward and horns blow but pull it backwards and every light on the front of my car lights up. The Light Blaster!

This circuit allows you to trigger as many relays as you want by flipping one switch with no feedback into the other circuits. That means that each circuit functions normally by itself with a switch to turn it on without interfering with any other circuit.

It consists of two terminal blocks ($4) and six diodes. (1000V 10A 1KV Axial Rectifier Diode, $8 for ten). One input from your Light Blaster switch and as many outputs as you put diodes in. Each output goes to one light relay. The diode keeps the power from feeding back when it's being used normally. I drive this thing on the street too and when I want to make sure somebody sees me, I want them to SEE me!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Some time back, I posted some photo's of my upgraded control panel.

This is the backside of that panel after getting all wired up for action.
]

Here it is installed.

I'll be driving my Trail Rail by the end of the week! Yeehaw!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: