Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wanted: History for 1976 Typ 2 Campmobil Bay Westfalia
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amskeptic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Wanted: History for 1976 Typ 2 Campmobil Bay Westfalia Reply with quote

jtauxe wrote:
Yes, Colin, those are the pix.

At the time I had two marinogelb (L20A) Westies and one marinogelb77 (L21H). The color difference was subtle but there is a difference.

Yellowbirds abounded up on the hill. Say hello to the Bowers and pmaggiore when you happen across them.

"The color difference was subtle but there is a difference."

Lawdy, don't I know it. NaranjaWesty has a hybrid L20A on the outside and a factory L21H on the inside. We were there right outside your walkway the moment that I would learn how difficult the paint match would be ...
Colin

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

outcaststudios
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Wanted: History for 1976 Typ 2 Campmobil Bay Westfalia Reply with quote

Stinking Lizaveta sticker,approved.
(rip)three type III"s
(rip) '81 vanagon
a bunch of french stuff,and 9 motorcycles.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2573791
outcaststudios
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Wanted: History for 1976 Typ 2 Campmobil Bay Westfalia Reply with quote

Pits Bulli wrote:
heyskull wrote:
By the looks of things you already have a lot of history for this vehicle with all the stickers and labels.
Most vehicles loose their history now after 5 years, 46 years is a big ask.

SC

Yes, that is absolutely correct. I'm surprised and happy to have found out so much already. All this by nice and helpful people. And it's a pleasure to keep looking... ;o)

I even wrote to "Stinking Lizaveta", they still make music today, they just look a little bit older. Maybe it was their tour bus??? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

it was not their tour bus. i ve lnown them for over 30 years and our bands toured together.
(rip)three type III"s
(rip) '81 vanagon
a bunch of french stuff,and 9 motorcycles.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2573791
Pits Bulli
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Wanted: History for 1976 Typ 2 Campmobil Bay Westfalia Reply with quote

outcaststudios wrote:
Pits Bulli wrote:
heyskull wrote:
By the looks of things you already have a lot of history for this vehicle with all the stickers and labels.
Most vehicles loose their history now after 5 years, 46 years is a big ask.

SC

Yes, that is absolutely correct. I'm surprised and happy to have found out so much already. All this by nice and helpful people. And it's a pleasure to keep looking... ;o)

I even wrote to "Stinking Lizaveta", they still make music today, they just look a little bit older. Maybe it was their tour bus??? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

it was not their tour bus. i ve lnown them for over 30 years and our bands toured together.

Thanks, right... the band confirmed... Laughing but that would have been too much of a coincidence. At least the owner was a "Stinking Lizaveta fan".

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Pits Bulli
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Wanted: History for 1976 Typ 2 Campmobil Bay Westfalia Reply with quote

Amskeptic wrote:
August 3, 2009, jtauxe wrote, "I believe Jim Reeves will be showing up next weekend to pick her up, in her current condition. Working under this plan, Cassandra will be more or less his bus at that time,"

This was six days before my 30-year association with the Road Warrior would end in Colorado.

John, my memory is sorely taxed with all the Marinogelb Westies that have graced Los Alamos. I have caught what I hope are photographs of Cassandra in the scrum ... and what do you know, I now have a Marinogelb Westy.
Colin

NaranjaWesty - bought here off theSamba @ 41,836 miles on October 26, 2015, now at 155,000 miles ...

Colin, thanks for the wonderful photos. A happy invasion of orange VW buses.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Pits Bulli
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Wanted: History for 1976 Typ 2 Campmobil Bay Westfalia Reply with quote

jtauxe wrote:
Yes, Colin, those are the pix.

RIP the Road Warrior.

I recall that on the morning of her pickup, you and I took out this non-running bus and basically whipped it into running condition with fresh gas and a few trips around the block. We got it running minutes before the new owner showed up. He really lucked out, because I had sold him a non-running bus and he left with a running bus.

At the time I had two marinogelb (L20A) Westies and one marinogelb77 (L21H). The color difference was subtle but there is a difference.

What a beautiful photo and what a beautiful story. My bus is on the right, easily recognizable by the CH country code. Still has it today. Speaking of three yellow buses... the original papers were in the bus when I bought it. Only later did I notice that these papers had a different VIN (2362123171 but also Marino yellow), so they didn't belong to my bus (2362154393). Maybe the papers were accidentally swapped and my papers are on some of those other yellow buses?! I like to exchange or hand over to the owner of 2362123171... ;o) Therefore a new question: who knows the owner of 2362123171?

yinnawagon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Wanted: History for 1976 Typ 2 Campmobil Bay Westfalia Reply with quote

Huskey gas station, Cheap gas, cheap Tires. $2 a gallon oil and 25 cent condom to go
jtauxe Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Wanted: History for 1976 Typ 2 Campmobil Bay Westfalia Reply with quote

Pits Bulli wrote:
... Speaking of three yellow buses... the original papers were in the bus when I bought it. Only later did I notice that these papers had a different VIN (2362123171 but also Marino yellow), so they didn't belong to my bus (2362154393). Maybe the papers were accidentally swapped and my papers are on some of those other yellow buses?! I like to exchange or hand over to the owner of 2362123171... ;o) Therefore a new question: who knows the owner of 2362123171?

Peter - I don't believe that any papers were switched. It's just that at some point, an owner (probably me) purchased an old user manual to go with your bus. The records of course would not match, so it is not original to your bus, but it is a user manual nevertheless. It will have to do. Smile
1969 Transporter, 1971 Westfalia, 1976, 1977, 1976, 1977, 1971, 1973, 1977 Westfalias,
1979 Champagne Sunroof, 1974 Westfalia Automatic, 1979 Transporter, 1972 Sportsmobile, 1973 Transporter Wild Westerner, 1974 Westfalia parts bus
, 1975 Mexican single cab *FOR SALE*, 1978 Irish 4-door double cab RHD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Wanted: History for 1976 Typ 2 Campmobil Bay Westfalia Reply with quote

I didn’t know Jim Reeves came back…..PTL!
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Wanted: History for 1976 Typ 2 Campmobil Bay Westfalia Reply with quote

I didn’t know Jim Reeves came back…..PTL!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: