Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

new toilet/ lavatory
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bonesberg55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:06 am    Post subject: Re: new toilet/ lavatory Reply with quote

Squatting is not good for the innards especially if you read a lot.
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: new toilet/ lavatory Reply with quote

Bonesberg55 wrote:
Squatting is not good for the innards especially if you read a lot.

That's not what she said.
Seb67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: new toilet/ lavatory Reply with quote

I have a Toto, whose performance can best be described thusly:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

steve244
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: new toilet/ lavatory Reply with quote

Not sure if good...

Is that before or after flushing?
The Vanagon's drivetrain and chassis restomod thread. Best sung to the tune of I Did It My Way...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: new toilet/ lavatory Reply with quote

have an old American Standard (Champion) 1.6 litre flush in my down starirs bath.

works well minimum maintenence.

not sure if there something better out there now

thanks for all your help
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: new toilet/ lavatory Reply with quote

Seb67 wrote:
I have a Toto, whose performance can best be described thusly:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I’m not sure what the word thusly means. Judging by the picture you posted, it maybe an unwanted encore? Shocked

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: new toilet/ lavatory Reply with quote

This summer I installed a new commode in our ground floor bathroom, as my elderly father was coming to visit and he struggles to get back up from a low toilet. I bought an American Standard, "comfort height elongated bowl from HD. It was nearly $300 and worth every penny. Not sure of the exact model. Works perfectly and was a breeze to install. The old toilet worked fine, but was small and low, and from 1984 by the casting date on the back. I donated it to the local ReStore.

My upstairs toilet is the low height model with an extended bowl. That one was bought from the local supply house and was about $300, also. Works perfectly and was also very easy to install. Always use stainless steel braided lines, same with any other appliance.

The low height toilets are much better for getting the job done, and the elongated bowl is better for getting the finish work done. The "comfort height" is a misnomer. Has nothing to do with comfort and everything to do with the Americans with Disabilities Act. They are actually quite uncomfortable if you have to be there for any length of time, and you are under 6'2" tall.

Low flush volume toilets work fine if they are properly engineered. Rarely have a problem with a clog. But it is recommended by plumbers (not gov't officials and water huggers) to double flush on occasion. More water makes those pipes run clear.
volksaddict
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:16 am    Post subject: Re: new toilet/ lavatory Reply with quote

Hey no shi**! I installed low flush units in 3 rental remodels recently, have had several drain problems since due to the low flow, long flat drain lines in modular homes, and renters that use a whole roll per dump. Never a problem for years before. Same unit works great at my place with shorter runs, and not so much paper. If you are going to do the proper western thing and go low flow, be sure the drain system is compatible.
What do they do with all that wipe anyway? Rolling Eyes
Bonesberg55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:28 am    Post subject: Re: new toilet/ lavatory Reply with quote

Low flush or low flow anything is bad news. Ever notice how long it takes to rinse in the shower with one of those low flow shower heads? The low flush should only be for liquids.
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: new toilet/ lavatory Reply with quote

Bonesberg55 wrote:
Low flush or low flow anything is bad news. Ever notice how long it takes to rinse in the shower with one of those low flow shower heads? The low flush should only be for liquids.

careful this is beginning to sound like all the other threads here where it turns into cranky old man wishing for the good old days😀 so predictable.
Bonesberg55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: new toilet/ lavatory Reply with quote

This cranky old man takes those low flow shower heads and drills the hole bigger unless it has one of those plastic restrictors that just pop out. If you have to rinse for a longer amount of time, where is the saving of water?
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: new toilet/ lavatory Reply with quote

Bonesberg55 wrote:
This cranky old man takes those low flow shower heads and drills the hole bigger unless it has one of those plastic restrictors that just pop out. If you have to rinse for a longer amount of time, where is the saving of water?

Went right over your head didn’t it?
steve244
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: new toilet/ lavatory Reply with quote

Bought a 1950s house with the original commodes.

Those suckers flushed five gallons US every time.

We had the old iron waste pipes knocked out before we moved in. Plumber said they were almost blocked.

Felt nostalgic at first with the classic porcelain.

They plugged a couple times in a month. Thought maybe my modern diet was too much.

Then the water bill came.
The Vanagon's drivetrain and chassis restomod thread. Best sung to the tune of I Did It My Way...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: new toilet/ lavatory Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
Bonesberg55 wrote:

Looks to me like he caught that ball and ran with it.

Most shower heads have a little O-ring that is the flow restrictor. Likely only need a toothpick to remove it.
Bonesberg55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: new toilet/ lavatory Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
Bonesberg55 wrote:

Nope! With that low restrictor, it was lucky to reach my head!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: