Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Solex dual carb with electronic choke for 2000cc in a 74 bus
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
scottnicolesimon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:36 pm    Post subject: Solex dual carb with electronic choke for 2000cc in a 74 bus Reply with quote

Wondering if anyone is striking out like me. I am looking for a dual carb setup with electronic choke for my 2000cc motor. Midamerica no longer carries it and neither does Empi. The motor is in my 74 bus. Should i go back to a single carb setup? thoughts?
Thanks.. Scott
borninabus
Samba R&D Dept.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Solex dual carb with electronic choke for 2000cc in a 74 bus Reply with quote

chokes are overrated Wink
get some dual IDFs, some good linkage, enjoy the ride and just deal with the 2 minutes of poor running.
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Solex dual carb with electronic choke for 2000cc in a 74 bus Reply with quote

Says a guy from the deep south who has never had to start a car daily in cold weather in his life.

They are out there, don't give up. I found a set of virgin old Weber 40s on this site that still had the cold start devices. Look on Ebay too. They work super sweet in stock form once set up and working properly. I believe Dellortos had a similar set up at one time too. They exist out there, you just need patience to find them. Most have long ago been disabled and the parts ash canned by guys that didn't understand or appreciate them. The new China copies don't have them because the 1/4 mile crowd doesn't use them. I have also seen pictures of Kadrons with electric chokes.

The early type 4 Busses had dual carbs with chokes, I am assuming that yours has a type 4 engine still so that is an option too. I do have a complete set of those that need a serious cleaning. Keep an eye on the classifieds for a used set of single barrel carbs with chokes. I have also wondered if a pair of Weber progressives could be rigged up on a type 4 engine.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: