Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

‘60 Kombi Cargo Floor Removal
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
EJZero1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: ‘60 Kombi Cargo Floor Removal Reply with quote

Eric&Barb wrote:
You should contact Gerson and inquire with him. After all they produce all the sheet metal to make a full bus body.

Will certainly do that. Got my first funky green pieces delivered today, in fact!
EJZero1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: ‘60 Kombi Cargo Floor Removal Reply with quote

Lots of funky green panels collected since the last update!

Got back to work today and removed most of the cargo rocker, except for the ends, as I’m not completely confident on how the inner rocker attaches at the ends.

B-pillar is a bit of a hot mess. Outer skin is there, but behind it is a mess of rust where metal used to live. Looking through lots of threads trying to learn how the B-pillar and rocker assembly join. Will keep looking, but if anyone has the definitive “go-to” thread, please feel free to point me to it. I have the B-pillar rebuild parts from Gerson, just need to verify dissemble/reassembly process. Haven’t cleaned under the bus after floor and rocker removal yet…

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Started mocking up a number of the associated panels so I could start wrapping my brain around reassembly. Looks nice on the floor! Can’t wait to attach it to the bus!

Thanks for any help!
EJZero1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 6:06 am    Post subject: Re: ‘60 Kombi Cargo Floor Removal Reply with quote

Getting close to working on the divider/front top hat area and I’m a bit confused. Where there is still good metal, it appears that the divider is flush against the front face of the front top hat and resting on the 90 degree flange at the base where the top hat mates with the outrigger. When looking at my new Klassic Fab parts, the lower edge of the divider is too wide to fit between the tabs that join the top hat and the inner rocker. As a result, the divider can’t be positioned flush against the front face of the top hat because it makes contact with the tabs on either end.

Both ends of the top hat and corresponding areas of the divider have rotted away, so I can’t quite figure out how they originally fit together. I’m pretty confident I’ve got the right parts. What am I missing here?

Bulli Klinik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 7:25 am    Post subject: Re: ‘60 Kombi Cargo Floor Removal Reply with quote

I have a 60 Panel at the shop. You’re welcome to come have a look.. I’ll be there today working on a personal project.
Colorado Springs
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EJZero1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: ‘60 Kombi Metal Rehab Reply with quote

Real quick inner rocker question…

I did a lot of reading that indicated the forward tab of the passenger side inner rocker had to be bent out/forward for installation and welding. I did so and all went well.

Does the same hold true for the forward tab on the driver’s side inner rocker? Getting close to starting to weld up the driver’s side and just need to verify as I start final fittings.

Thanks!
trifivenorway
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: ‘60 Kombi Cargo Floor Removal Reply with quote

Check out this video of the VW splitbus restoration. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2_AM3iCWfg
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: