Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

"Our" site TheSamba.com
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
doug bugg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:39 am    Post subject: "Our" site TheSamba.com Reply with quote

Way off any VW topic so that's why it's here.

I just wanted to thank everyone for making this such a great site. We have the greatest group of car guys on any website. Sure, we have a few bad eggs, well, grouchy anyway, but for the most part we have some of the most helpful and friendly members anywhere.

I didn't realize how good our thing was until I recently became a member on a Tacoma site where a seeming majority of the people are rude and thin-skinned trolls and immature haters. It's unbelievable what complete asses they can be when they hide behind a keyboard. It's a huge turn off.

So to my fellow VeeDubbers-- I wish you a happy and safe 2023 and thanks for being here!
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: "Our" site TheSamba.com Reply with quote

doug bugg wrote:

I just wanted to thank everyone for making this such a great site. We have the greatest group of car guys on any website. Sure, we have a few bad eggs, well, grouchy anyway, but for the most part we have some of the most helpful and friendly members anywhere.

I didn't realize how good our thing was until I recently became a member on a Tacoma site where a seeming majority of the people are rude and thin-skinned trolls and immature haters. It's unbelievable what complete asses they can be when they hide behind a keyboard. It's a huge turn off.

So to my fellow VeeDubbers-- I wish you a happy and safe 2023 and thanks for being here!

I totally agree with you. That’s why I usually purchase a membership star ⭐️
to support Everett and Jen Barnes. Sometimes I direct my Samba donations to other Samba members causes. This year I donated to Glenn's Cancer fund raiser. I think Everett will be ok if i directed my Samba funds to Glenn’s cause this year. If Everett and Jen need some funds to keep this site going and pay their mortgage. I’ll be happy to pitch in some money.

Think about it folks. Some of you have saved a lot of money because of the Samba website. Chip in if you can. For those of you that are experts in VWs and offer up the knowledge. You don’t need a star. Thank you.

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: "Our" site TheSamba.com Reply with quote

The time and money this site has saved me, to say nothing of the friends, here, is priceless. Join today!:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/donate.php
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: "Our" site TheSamba.com Reply with quote

KTPhil wrote:
The time and money this site has saved me, to say nothing of the friends, here, is priceless. Join today!:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/donate.php

I agree with you Phil.

Or become a member. Especially if you list items for sale on the Samba. Either way is nice.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/premium_membership.php

Clatter wrote:

SGKent wrote:
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: "Our" site TheSamba.com Reply with quote

Oops, actually, the MEMBER page you linked to was what I intended to link to, but was careless! Right on!
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: "Our" site TheSamba.com Reply with quote

Seems like some real ass kissing going on here, but I’ve met several of the members in person and they are decent people.
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: "Our" site TheSamba.com Reply with quote

Totally agree. I became a member of a Camry group and they were immature dicks. I feel I have contributed and received great info on the site. Truth be told I received more than I sowed. I love The Samba, Thansk Ev.
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: "Our" site TheSamba.com Reply with quote

babysnakes wrote:
Totally agree. I became a member of a Camry group and they were immature dicks.

Aren't they all old people on there?

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: "Our" site TheSamba.com Reply with quote

I would buy a star but I never join any club that would have my member
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: "Our" site TheSamba.com Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
babysnakes wrote:
Totally agree. I became a member of a Camry group and they were immature dicks.

Aren't they all old people on there?

That would be a deal breaker right there. Mad
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: "Our" site TheSamba.com Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
I would buy a star but I never join any club that would have my member

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Quote:
I sent the club a wire stating, "PLEASE ACCEPT MY RESIGNATION. I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER".

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: "Our" site TheSamba.com Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
Seems like some real ass kissing going on here, but I’ve met several of the members in person and they are decent people.

No ass kissing necessary. It’s a free website.

Clatter wrote:

SGKent wrote:
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: "Our" site TheSamba.com Reply with quote

Thanks for all the comments and to anyone who supports the site, either with money or more content or just helping others.

Xevin wrote:
Sometimes I direct my Samba donations to other Samba members causes. This year I donated to Glenn's Cancer fund raiser. I think Everett will be ok if i directed my Samba funds to Glenn’s cause this year.

No problem at all, go for it.

In fact, if anyone prefers to donate to whatever cause they support in the name of the site (or not) - Do it.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jennepher Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: "Our" site TheSamba.com Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
...In fact, if anyone prefers to donate to whatever cause they support in the name of the site (or not) - Do it.

I second this.

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
If your post begins "I know this is against the rules but..." just stop typing.
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: "Our" site TheSamba.com Reply with quote

I was going to donate, but I spent it on cheese sticks and ice cream instead Laughing

I recently lit up another forum member for shitting on TS. Like it or not, TS is *the* absolute best place for aircooled content anywhere. Basically what I told him was funny how people love to bag on TS, yet keep linking TS on other platforms (like IG/FB/Twitter) when they need info

Everett and company do a great job of keeping the house clean. I have met some of the best people on the planet here.

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: "Our" site TheSamba.com Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:

Everett and company do a great job of keeping the house clean. I have met some of the best people on the planet here.

Sorry Zundfolge1432. There is a lot of ass kissing going on Laughing Laughing Laughing

A lot of interesting and helpful folks on The Samba. I’ve met many and continue to meet more.

That’s me with the bus staying at Clatter’s house 800 miles away in California.
Tcash and I installed a different starter and added a nice hot start relay. Clatter knocked out a dent in the door.
Unfortunately many of you won’t get to know Tcash on The Samba. The Bay window forum misses him.

Clatter wrote:

SGKent wrote:
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:13 am    Post subject: Re: "Our" site TheSamba.com Reply with quote

It’s a big tent and there seems to be room for all Very Happy
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:56 am    Post subject: Re: "Our" site TheSamba.com Reply with quote

I was going to donate, but I spent it on cheese sticks and ice cream instead

Yummy

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
doug bugg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: "Our" site TheSamba.com Reply with quote

Thanks for the donate reminder, I kept blowing it off. I've been a member of the Plymouth Owners Club since '91 so it's about time!
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: "Our" site TheSamba.com Reply with quote

doug bugg wrote:

I didn't realize how good our thing was until I recently became a member on a Tacoma site where a seeming majority of the people are rude and thin-skinned trolls and immature haters. It's unbelievable what complete asses they can be when they hide behind a keyboard. It's a huge turn off. !

If it’s Tacoma World consider this, they have close to 350,000 members. During peak times it moves very fast and yes there are plenty of assholes to deal with. The mods have given over a portion of it just to them so than can play with each other. Every Friday they go nuts.

funniest thing is they don’t regulate the oil threads so every day someone is asking about what’s best to use, that becomes tiresome. However you can avoid all that by using the search features and getting to know the more knowledgeable members, it ain’t all bad.

If it’s likeminded old coots you seek, well they got that too. Over 50, 60 and 70 and beyond. They have another section just for law enforcement and military active and veterans. To paint The Whole thing as a bunch of assholes is wrong thinking.

One thing I admire is that they absolutely don’t tolerate any political bullshit, even cute little buzzwords and talking points. Offenders get suspended for 30 days first time followed by banishment, they don’t fuck around at all. I’ve been floating around the interwebs since mid 1990s and have yet to find Utopia.

I agree Everett and Jen do a great job here and that’s my contribution to being a sycophant. 😀
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: