Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

AI generated images and technical answers
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
frenchroast
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:38 am    Post subject: AI generated images and technical answers Reply with quote

I used an AI engine to generate these images of a 1969 toga white bug. It's obviously got some learning to do but otherwise interesting results.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Last edited by frenchroast on Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
frenchroast
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: AI generated images and technical answers Reply with quote

Here's what chatGPT had to say about the "best" oil to use.

Q: What is the best oil to use in a vintage aircooled volkswagen?

A: The best oil to use in a vintage, air-cooled Volkswagen is a high-quality, API-certified, conventional or synthetic blend motor oil with a viscosity of SAE 30 or 10W-30. It is also important to check the owner's manual for any specific recommendations from the manufacturer. For air-cooled engines, it is also recommended to use oil with a high zinc and phosphorus content, also known as "ZDDP" (zinc dialkyldithiophosphate) which is important for the protection of the flat tappet camshaft.
Also, you might want to consider using a synthetic oil that is specifically formulated for use in air-cooled engines, as these oils have been designed to handle the unique demands of these types of engines and can help to improve performance and longevity.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: AI generated images and technical answers Reply with quote

You should ask that chatGTP AI what first steps you should take to unhack the PO, PO hacked wiring system on a 67 beetle is. Lol!

BTW, I like the wheels you created on the lower left image above.

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
frenchroast
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: AI generated images and technical answers Reply with quote

67rustavenger wrote:
You should ask that chatGTP AI what first steps you should take to unhack the PO, PO hacked wiring system on a 67 beetle is. Lol!

BTW, I like the wheels you created on the lower left image above.

Making progress! Fortunately, these cars are simple. Unfortunately, I still may not be smart enough!

That lower left is my favorite picture, too. Very nice restomod look. Good job robot!

Last edited by frenchroast on Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total
frenchroast
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: AI generated images and technical answers Reply with quote

67rustavenger wrote:

Here's what our new AI overlord had to say. Seriously though, nowhere near a replacement for thesamba forums but I have used it to speed up some work related stuff with good results.

Q: How do I unhack the wiring system on a 1967 volkswagen beetle?

Unhacking the wiring system on a 1967 Volkswagen Beetle will likely involve identifying and undoing any modifications or changes that have been made to the original wiring. This will require inspecting the wiring throughout the car and identifying any discrepancies or issues.

To begin, you will need to gather some tools such as a wiring diagram for your specific year and model of Beetle, which can be found in a service manual or online. Then, you will need to locate the main fuse box and check that all fuses are properly seated and not blown.

Next, you will want to trace the wiring throughout the car, looking for any obvious signs of tampering such as spliced or cut wires, or wires that have been connected to the wrong terminals. You may also want to check for any additional wiring that has been added, such as aftermarket accessories, and remove them if they are not necessary.

It is also important to check that all electrical components such as lights, horn, and signals are working properly, and to repair or replace any damaged wiring as needed.

It's important to note that this process can be complex and time-consuming, and you may want to consider consulting a professional mechanic or an experienced Volkswagen enthusiast if you are not comfortable working on the wiring system.
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: AI generated images and technical answers Reply with quote

That's a pretty succinct answer from the Ai overlord.

You'll have to show me that AI next time we are at PIR for a race night.

It rained piston rings here Friday afternoon. Very Happy

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: AI generated images and technical answers Reply with quote

Getting closer to Skynet becoming self aware.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: AI generated images and technical answers Reply with quote

if you think it is AI just ask it how many frogs are in its pool this year. Then tell it you have 12 frogs in your pool. See how it deals with it. If it plays along tell it one of the frogs looks like a horse and ask it to find a picture of that kind of frog so you can compare it. Tell it not to come back until it does.
Joe 20
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: AI generated images and technical answers Reply with quote

^^^^^^^^ SGKent That's funny!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
zabo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: AI generated images and technical answers Reply with quote

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kingkarmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: AI generated images and technical answers Reply with quote

ChatAI grammar seems much better than some of the gibberish I read……and compose Embarassed

Mike Gerson

What is your "Bespoke Reality"?
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: AI generated images and technical answers Reply with quote

frenchroast wrote:
I used an AI engine to generate these images of a 1969 toga white bug. It's obviously got some learning to do but otherwise interesting results.

I'm not sure why, but these seem unusually perky looking. I like 'em, though.
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:59 am    Post subject: Re: AI generated images and technical answers Reply with quote

interesting that you use the word profitable rather than beneficial...

as these two articles show, ai can be 'profitable' in ways that adversely affect us. easily generated fake content can swamp the truth which is already hard to verify. I'm not a foil hat wearer or luddite but I do think this is our 'oppenheimer moment'. my main concern is that regulation and the law are not keeping pace with development.

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/202...arsely-api

https://www.theregister.com/2023/08/15/ai_in_brief/

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: