Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Rear safety light ?
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
yel-mel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:14 am    Post subject: Rear safety light ? Reply with quote

I have a fear of being rear-ended by some knuckle head talking on their phone. I drive very cautiously but you never know.

Has anyone rigged up an additional rear light to get attention of other drivers ? I was thinking something like a flashing stobe light, or regular light that could be housed in the oem fixtures. Perhaps it could take the place of the reverse lights ?

Any ideas
Semper_Dad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: Rear safety light ? Reply with quote

I'm sure there are plenty of aftermarket "3rd" brake lights out that can be adapted to the 181. Hardest part will be finding a mounting spot high enough to be of any use.

There are also LED bulbs that give a series of flashes BEFORE coming on steady you may wish to investigate.

I have a rear tire mount that may offer some option for mounting that 3rd tails light.

And Finally,..If anybody has done it,..It will have been Modshine. Good luck!

Gallery Searches

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Citroen's version (I think it needs to be higher)

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

7Thing3's Version (Best idea IMHO)

Last edited by Semper_Dad on Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
77kafer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: Rear safety light ? Reply with quote

Semper_Dad wrote:
If anybody has done it,..It will have been Modshine.

Ha Ha, I see what you did there, but if he was going to search, he should search for Mondshine.

Overheard on 27 June 07, one lady to another when they saw my Harli in a parking lot at West Point, "maybe he found it on the clearance aisle at the Volkswagen dealer"
Joe 20
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear safety light ? Reply with quote

I always thought one of those lights like on an old Ford that says "STOP" would be neat. Or a rear Notek light like the WW2 Kubel mounted high that comes on when you hit the brakes.
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear safety light ? Reply with quote

I despise flashing brake lights, they are a major distraction and I doubt they improve safety for anyone, they just increase the moth affect.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: