Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Curious & searching for info on Perohaus shift lock
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
latinporsche911
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:38 pm    Post subject: Curious & searching for info on Perohaus shift lock Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I'm curious to know/learn about these types of shift locks. Apparently the company Dehne made these (pictures borrowed from thesamba site) and I have seen an ad on ebay where a similar one is being sold but made by Perohaus.
Anyone know any info or history of these. Do they work as well as the other toilet bowl looking shift locks
Thanks
AlteWagen
Troll

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Curious & searching for info on Perohaus shift lock Reply with quote

I remember seeing one of those in the junkyard back in the 80s. I needed the shifter so just hit the lock with a hammer and the mounting boss broke right off. Easily able to bypass.

I personally like the regular bowl type locks. Ive put one on every VW I own and even back in the late 80s where my cars were repeatedly broken into they saved my bug/bus for sure. My bus alone was broken into more than 10 times once even in front of the police station where I worked!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: