Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Klassic Fab 73-79 Front Floor Repair HELP!
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vangabonders
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:00 pm    Post subject: Klassic Fab 73-79 Front Floor Repair HELP! Reply with quote

I have searched everywhere for the Klassic Fab late bay front floor replacement panel and it seems that it no longer exists anywhere. Does anyone have any idea if it is still available? The only other option I've found is the busdepot brazilian knock off floor, which is complete garbage if anyone is wondering. Thanks for any help!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Klassic Fab 73-79 Front Floor Repair HELP! Reply with quote

Have you asked Gerson himself? He is a member here. I also think Babysnakes knows him. You are in Miami FL - Gerson is in Jupiter FL not far from you.
barefootwestie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Klassic Fab 73-79 Front Floor Repair HELP! Reply with quote

Part number for the front floor is KFBW154

I've searched and UK appears to be out of stock, as well. I'd drop Gerson an email or phone call.

1973 Westfalia
"Getting better....one repair at a time."

Other VW's owned through the years, in no particular order:
'67 Beetle,
'67 Ghia Hardtop,
'72 Ghia Convertible,
'72 Westfalia
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Klassic Fab 73-79 Front Floor Repair HELP! Reply with quote

He still makes VW stuff but mostly for Splits (Baywindow people can be cheap). His main focus now is old Toyota and Datsun stuff.
Vangabonders
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Klassic Fab 73-79 Front Floor Repair HELP! Reply with quote

babysnakes wrote:
He still makes VW stuff but mostly for Splits (Baywindow people can be cheap). His main focus now is old Toyota and Datsun stuff.

That is a very sad thing to hear Crying or Very sad
Busdepot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: Klassic Fab 73-79 Front Floor Repair HELP! Reply with quote

These ones are from Preservation Parts in the UK and are higher quality than the Brazilian ones. They are separate left and right sections.

Left: https://www.busdepot.com/j39562
Right: https://www.busdepot.com/j39563

We have added a lot of Preservation Parts metal in the last month or so and have more coming. They supply Volkswagen's classic restoration division in Germany, which restores VW's for the factory museum.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Vangabonders
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: Klassic Fab 73-79 Front Floor Repair HELP! Reply with quote

barefootwestie wrote:

I've searched and UK appears to be out of stock, as well. I'd drop Gerson an email or phone call.

Gerson finally got back to me and said he no longer makes that part Crying or Very sad
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: Klassic Fab 73-79 Front Floor Repair HELP! Reply with quote

pandamanda22 wrote:
barefootwestie wrote:

Gerson finally got back to me and said he no longer makes that part Crying or Very sad

cheapness of the flippers in years past catches up again with those of us who want quality parts.
sodbuster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Klassic Fab 73-79 Front Floor Repair HELP! Reply with quote

I think it's more about what they can make the most on quickly. And i guess there was not enough quick profit for him in the Baywindow market. I notice though that the stuff he is no longer going to make is still listed on his website as "out of stock." Not "discontinued", or no longer made or available. Just out of stock.

If he is no longer going to make them then take those items down from the website is all I'm saying. It will save him unnecessary answering of questions about things he no longer makes. And save people aggravation when searching for things he no longer makes.

I went through this whole thing looking for baywindow single cab gates. PITA! Rolling Eyes
Vangabonders
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: Klassic Fab 73-79 Front Floor Repair HELP! Reply with quote

Well since Gerson no longer makes the part, does anyone have any suggestions for how to repair the front floor on a late bay? Would it be best to buy the UK brand left and right sides and make the middle up?

This is the current state of my front floor because in my ignorance I thought my brazilian klkkeerholm would work....

dodger tom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: Klassic Fab 73-79 Front Floor Repair HELP! Reply with quote

buy og used?

way out salvage in arkansas is the closest i know of.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Klassic Fab 73-79 Front Floor Repair HELP! Reply with quote

https://www.heritagepartscentre.com/uk/211801051n-left-hand-drive-complete-cab-floor.html

https://www2.cip1.com/vng-95-56-74-0/

https://www.justkampers.com/211801051n-complete-front-cab-floor-lhd-t2-vw-bay-1973-1979.html

https://www.serial-kombi.com/en-GB/bay-window-body...979-n34380
Vangabonders
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Klassic Fab 73-79 Front Floor Repair HELP! Reply with quote

SGKent wrote:
https://www.heritagepartscentre.com/uk/211801051n-left-hand-drive-complete-cab-floor.html

https://www2.cip1.com/vng-95-56-74-0/

https://www.justkampers.com/211801051n-complete-front-cab-floor-lhd-t2-vw-bay-1973-1979.html

https://www.serial-kombi.com/en-GB/bay-window-body...979-n34380

That last link I have never seen before, all those other Brazilian ones are complete garbage.. ask me how I know

dodger tom wrote:
buy og used?

I think the likelihood of finding a dry front floor at a salvage yard is very low
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Klassic Fab 73-79 Front Floor Repair HELP! Reply with quote

you will have to work with what is available. Buy a spot weld drill and start looking for donors out west in a drier climate. That or ask Gerson what he wants to make 10 of them, pay it with a smile and sell the other 9 over the next 5 years to get as much of your money back as possible.
Jetfxr69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Klassic Fab 73-79 Front Floor Repair HELP! Reply with quote

whatever you do, DO NOT get the CIP1 full floor. I made the mistake cause it was more affordable and had free shipping from CA to NH. shipping alone for any other panel was another $100 due to its size.

huge mistake! CIP1 sells the JP-Dansk version and it is horrible. The easiest and most noticeable problem is that the e-brake mounting boss is welded to the top of the panel, not the bottom. Yeah, you heard me right. They cant even figure out what side to weld shit on. along with that it is not dimensionally correct in both length and width. All the corrugations are different from OG and the accelerator pedal mount was welded in the wrong place.

with all that being said, I had to fight with them for a refund and am still actively trying to achieve such. they required me to destroy it for a credit, which I did. yet no credit offered so far.

my solution was less complicated then yours however. I simply cut out sections i could use from the offending panel, and welded in individual pieces as needed. I would have liked to use a bigger single or multiple panels but got the job done regardless.

‘77 westy Seamus
‘76 tintop Crusher
‘77 westy The Judge
‘72 tintop bastard westy Hudson
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jetfxr69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Klassic Fab 73-79 Front Floor Repair HELP! Reply with quote

SGKent wrote:
you will have to work with what is available. Buy a spot weld drill and start looking for donors out west in a drier climate. That or ask Gerson what he wants to make 10 of them, pay it with a smile and sell the other 9 over the next 5 years to get as much of your money back as possible.

if anyone goes down this road, im in for 2 right now.

‘77 westy Seamus
‘76 tintop Crusher
‘77 westy The Judge
Vangabonders
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Klassic Fab 73-79 Front Floor Repair HELP! Reply with quote

SGKent wrote:

I don't know how else to put this, but he seems very uninterested in ever making that part again.. lol
SamboSamba22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Klassic Fab 73-79 Front Floor Repair HELP! Reply with quote

Just searched the couple of manufacturers in the Uk, and it seems that no one is making a full front replacement pan anymore. I think you're on the track of getting two pieces (left and right) and fabbing up something for the center.

I'm glad I've learned this today. I used to always just replace the entire front floor in most of the Southeastern buses I'd see in the shop.

Good luck,

Sam

Oct. ’67 Double Cab (’68 Crew Cab)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44412.png]Click to view image[/URL]
March '69 Delivery (Panel Bus)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44414.png]Click to view image[/URL]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jetfxr69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Klassic Fab 73-79 Front Floor Repair HELP! Reply with quote

SamboSamba22 wrote:
Just searched the couple of manufacturers in the Uk, and it seems that no one is making a full front replacement pan anymore. I think you're on the track of getting two pieces (left and right) and fabbing up something for the center.

I'm glad I've learned this today. I used to always just replace the entire front floor in most of the Southeastern buses I'd see in the shop.

Good luck,

Sam

agree here. im wishing i had gone down this road myself, as I needed drivers side and under gas pedal area. made up my own gas pedal plate and then carved what i could off full panel for drivers floor.

the notes and markups were provided to CIP1, and im happy to report that I just got the credit moments ago.

‘77 westy Seamus
‘76 tintop Crusher
‘77 westy The Judge
dodger tom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Klassic Fab 73-79 Front Floor Repair HELP! Reply with quote

pandamanda22 wrote:
dodger tom wrote:
buy og used?

I think the likelihood of finding a dry front floor at a salvage yard is very low

wanna bet?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: