Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Reputable Floor Pan Dealer?
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
braol
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:46 am    Post subject: Reputable Floor Pan Dealer? Reply with quote

autohauzAZ website is selling left and right side (full) pans for $160. Are they reputable? This is the description/part number for one of their pans:

JP Group Dansk Floor Pan; Right
SKU: 1280258-JP-8183101681 | 8183101681
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: Reputable Floor Pan Dealer? Reply with quote

braol wrote:
autohauzAZ website is selling left and right side (full) pans for $160. Are they reputable? This is the description/part number for one of their pans:

JP Group Dansk Floor Pan; Right
SKU: 1280258-JP-8183101681 | 8183101681

Too thin!

Look at Klassic Fab, $$$$
Or Wolfsburg West heavy duty floor pans. $$$

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
ORANGECRUSHer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Reputable Floor Pan Dealer? Reply with quote

Last I looked Klassic is only selling early beetle pans. I'm in the market and would buy from them but I don't see anything for a 70 beetle there.
Berrien Warrior 2.4L Quad4
LAZY MARY 1970 Baja 1835cc
scrivyscriv
Samba Electrician

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Reputable Floor Pan Dealer? Reply with quote

I highly recommend the wolfsburg west pans. They have gone up a lot since I got mine a couple years ago, but they're really good.
I have never liked any of the JP group, Jopex, Klokkerholm parts, due to poor fitment and metal being much lighter than OE gauge.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

If you're ever in the Memphis area, you are welcome to stop by for advice and help.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Semper Gumby
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: Reputable Floor Pan Dealer? Reply with quote

braol wrote:

+1 for Wolfsburg West. KlassicFab is a "no go" for anything younger than 1957.
ORANGECRUSHer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Reputable Floor Pan Dealer? Reply with quote

scrivyscriv wrote:
I highly recommend the wolfsburg west pans. They have gone up a lot since I got mine a couple years ago, but they're really good.
I have never liked any of the JP group, Jopex, Klokkerholm parts, due to poor fitment and metal being much lighter than OE gauge.

scrivyscriv, you did a real nice job on those pans. I'm curious how you got such an even look on that paint job.
scrivyscriv
Samba Electrician

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:17 am    Post subject: Re: Reputable Floor Pan Dealer? Reply with quote

ORANGECRUSHer wrote:

scrivyscriv, you did a real nice job on those pans. I'm curious how you got such an even look on that paint job.

thanks man, and i can't take any credit for the color... it was either spend the money or spend the time, and time was in really short supply last year so I got it sandblasted and powder coated matte black Smile
I did spend a little bit of time with a die grinder and a some various roloc sanding and scotchbrite discs to clean up and smooth all the castings prior to powdercoat.
If you're ever in the Memphis area, you are welcome to stop by for advice and help.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ORANGECRUSHer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: Reputable Floor Pan Dealer? Reply with quote

scrivyscriv wrote:

thanks man, and i can't take any credit for the color... it was either spend the money or spend the time, and time was in really short supply last year so I got it sandblasted and powder coated matte black Smile
I did spend a little bit of time with a die grinder and a some various roloc sanding and scotchbrite discs to clean up and smooth all the castings prior to powdercoat.

Well it looks great and I hope it lasts. I totally understand the money/time issue. I hate letting someone else do something I know I could do, but as I get older I find I have hardly any free time and my body hurts just imagining cleaning up a pan. Hopefully I'll be cracking into mine in the next year and it'll be interesting to see whether I do it the old fashioned way or I have some else do it like you did. I can't imagine what it costs to have something like this powdercoated. I would think it would be a bear trying to get the tunnel clean and dried out for powder. Mine is so nasty.
toxicavenger70
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Reputable Floor Pan Dealer? Reply with quote

Klassicfab makes the best pans. Dansk make the next ones that are worthy. The Klocker junk is junk.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: