Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Interesting Westfalia seen in Austin Texas with fender flares!
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bcolins
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:19 am    Post subject: Interesting Westfalia seen in Austin Texas with fender flares! Reply with quote

Anyone here own this Westfalia?
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I saw this VR6 Westy in Austin this morning with a few unusual features notably, some plastic fender lips or fender flares, obviously made specifically for the Eurovan, some aftermarket LED headlights, and the identical “Bull Bar” above the front license plate with similar to my LED auxiliary lights mounted on it as well. However, mine is very loose and floppy and this one was rocksolid and I don’t see a bolt holding it anywhere, so wondering if it was somehow bonded to the plastic bumper skin?

Last edited by bcolins on Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kourt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Interesting West Phalia seen in Austin Texas with fender flares! Reply with quote

Just a note: this is not a Westfalia by any means. It's a Winnebago.

The headlights appear to be the replacements from FK Automotive.

Pretty cool van. I'll keep an eye out for it.

kourt
Austin, TX
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bcolins
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Interesting West Phalia seen in Austin Texas with fender flares! Reply with quote

kourt wrote:
Just a note: this is not a Westfalia by any means. It's a Winnebago.

The headlights appear to be the replacements from FK Automotive.

Pretty cool van. I'll keep an eye out for it.

kourt
Austin, TX

I had to laugh at myself when you clarified that it is a Winnebago,...as one of my Eurovans IS a Winnebago,....but a 95. Still when I walked past it, I should have noticed that the various vents, propane tank set up, electrical shore power input, are all identical to my 95.
dazey77
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Interesting Westfalia seen in Austin Texas with fender flares! Reply with quote

To me, it’s the roof that’s the giveaway that it’s a Winnebago. No other company used that roof, or even one that looks remotely like it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jjvincent
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Interesting Westfalia seen in Austin Texas with fender flares! Reply with quote

Just search on the intranets, "T4 Fender Flares". You can buy them.
mikemtnbike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Interesting Westfalia seen in Austin Texas with fender flares! Reply with quote

I bought them from bus depot. I didn’t like the way they looked before I truck bedlined the bumpers, rockers, and inner lip of the wheel wells. They look great against that backgroud, are really easy to install and solidly in place, and I didn’t have to try and mask the curved exterior lip on the wheel wells.

Nice product and pretty affordable.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: