Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

59 Panel clutch cable and throttle conduit tubes missing
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
iceneweb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:37 pm    Post subject: 59 Panel clutch cable and throttle conduit tubes missing Reply with quote

Hi all,

My new to me 59 panel is missing the conduit for the clutch and throttle cables. A PO painted the bus, and in the process removed all kinds of stuff, including the tubes for the clutch and throttle cables

What can I use for the tubes?
Where do they start and end?

Thank you!

PS I do not mean the Bowden tube

1959 Volkswagen Panel
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Shoyrtt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: 59 Panel clutch cable and throttle conduit tubes missing Reply with quote

I had that same issue to deal with on my Frankenbus. All of the tubing was jacked up from the nose being torched off. Wolfsburg West has this diagram and the tubing you need.
https://www.wolfsburgwest.com/wolfsburg_new/body_sheet_metal/bus_body_50_67/bus_body_1950_1967.cfm
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
iceneweb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: 59 Panel clutch cable and throttle conduit tubes missing Reply with quote

Thanks very much. That's really helpful.

1959 Volkswagen Panel
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Shoyrtt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: 59 Panel clutch cable and throttle conduit tubes missing Reply with quote

iceneweb wrote:
Thanks very much. That's really helpful.

Glad to help!
iceneweb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: 59 Panel clutch cable and throttle conduit tubes missing Reply with quote

I can figure out where the clutch tube ends by the length of the bowden tube, but where does the accelerator tube end? I know I've seen it on other buses loads of times, but I just can't remember.

1959 Volkswagen Panel
Shoyrtt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: 59 Panel clutch cable and throttle conduit tubes missing Reply with quote

iceneweb wrote:
I can figure out where the clutch tube ends by the length of the bowden tube, but where does the accelerator tube end? I know I've seen it on other buses loads of times, but I just can't remember.

It ends really close to the torsion tube. If I remember correctly, all of the WW tubes come in the correct lengths.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: