Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Partfinder Help
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ziehmjason
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:23 pm    Post subject: Partfinder Help Reply with quote

Hello,
I'm new here, so please forgive me if this can be found in another thread...

I have a '79 Super Convertible, and I'm trying to find a specific part.
I pulled out my radio, because I just don't want one. In the single-DIN place, I would like to add a cupholder/cubby. After some searching, I've gotten rather smitten with a VW accessory from a "Lupo." As best I can tell, it's VW Part No. 6X0857558A. I've hard a very hard time finding one, and it doesn't strike me at the kind of thing that should be too hard to find. Maybe I'm using the wrong part number, or maybe I'm just not looking in the right places. I found one on eBay for $50, with $150 shipping!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
TornadoRed06
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Partfinder Help Reply with quote

Hi!

Hope I can help you:
I'm from outside the USA and I guess MN stands for Minnesota hence why you may find very hard to understand that you are looking for a part originally intended for use on the Volkswagen Lupo that went out of production by 2005.
Other than that, the Lupo only went on sale in Mexico, apart from Europe and Japan mainly. Sure, some other VW used the part you mention, as factory supplied part, those mostly VW Polo that went out of production by 2002.

You might find a few more if you search by 6X0857558A 01C, where 01C denotes black colour part.

I am sure that you found that $50 part outside USA, no wonder those $150 added...

Here in Europe, buying that part in good condition for $100 would be a very good deal, FYI!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: