Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

SubaruGears (Australia) Import Duties - Extra?
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanis13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:08 pm    Post subject: SubaruGears (Australia) Import Duties - Extra? Reply with quote

SubaruGears (Australia) Import Duties - Did you have it added to your order?

My order was shipped, DHL says pay them in 5 days or its going back. SG says its in their terms (I haven't looked yet). Its not a ton considering how much I spent, just not expected.

Have you had any experience?

www.SuperVanagon.com - some stuff I make
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: SubaruGears (Australia) Import Duties - Extra? Reply with quote

Isn't there a state-side distributor? There sure was a few short months ago.
MarkWard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: SubaruGears (Australia) Import Duties - Extra? Reply with quote

I was billed by UPS for some gear sets on the return trip from being repaired in Canada. A carrier fee. So, it does happen. That’s why you see places that don’t ship to America or sellers here shipping out of the US I’m sure.
proofpudding
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: SubaruGears (Australia) Import Duties - Extra? Reply with quote

From memory the Subarugears website said the price included all shipping/handling/import fees but we were still charged an import fee here in BC -- wasn't that small. Didn't feel like I had many options and didn't feel like making a fuss. Oh well.
hardway
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: SubaruGears (Australia) Import Duties - Extra? Reply with quote

When I bought a bellhousing from RJE in England I received a customs duty invoice after I received the delivery. Needless to say I paid it. Richard Jones told me that customs enforcement here seems unpredictable with some deliveries charged and some not. The bank transfer fee was also unexpected and somewhat random. Richard told me that bank fees are also somewhat unpredictable.
vanis13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: SubaruGears (Australia) Import Duties - Extra? Reply with quote

proofpudding wrote:
From memory the Subarugears website said the price included all shipping/handling/import fees but we were still charged an import fee here in BC -- wasn't that small. Didn't feel like I had many options and didn't feel like making a fuss. Oh well.

as of today from https://subarugears.com/faq/

"You may incur local taxes and duties when the item arrives in your country. DHL will process these duties and charges and collect them from you at the time of delivery."

www.SuperVanagon.com - some stuff I make
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: