Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Seal between brake fluid reservoir and master cylinder?
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe_bury
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:29 pm    Post subject: Seal between brake fluid reservoir and master cylinder? Reply with quote

Hi all,

Just wondering if there's suppose to be an additional seal between the brake master cylinder and brake fluid reservoir? I asked the shop twice where i bought my reservoir from and both times confirmed one is not needed. However low and behold fitted, filled up and getting weeping from the reservoir.
I feel a seal is a no brainer?

Thanks all
Joe
easy e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Seal between brake fluid reservoir and master cylinder? Reply with quote

Pre-67 (single circuit) lists quantity = 1. See #18 here http://www.oacdp.org/5867part/323.png

1967 (dual circuit) lists quantity = 2. See #A19 here http://www.oacdp.org/5867part/329.png

Refer to exploded view diagram: http://www.oacdp.org/5867part/319.png
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Seal between brake fluid reservoir and master cylinder? Reply with quote

Joe_bury wrote:
Just wondering if there's suppose to be an additional seal between the brake master cylinder and brake fluid reservoir?

What is the original seal you have?
Joe_bury
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Seal between brake fluid reservoir and master cylinder? Reply with quote

Thanks that parts list is gold answered my question perfectly.

As for original I didn’t have one in rebuilding a field wreck and master cylinder was missing.

Thanks all
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: