Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Torque Value on BRM’s ?
Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shredder
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:23 pm    Post subject: Torque Value on BRM’s ? Reply with quote

Hi
I have BRMs all the way around, been searching thru this site and cannot find the “answer”. Need to know in ft/lbs the torque. I have drums on rear and Air cooled industries disc on front. Are they to be the same? I am using lug/bolts and they are the correct 60 degree. I just need to know how tight. And just for giggles some day I may go to studs, would they be the same spec?
THX for your time…
Shredder
kpf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Torque Value on BRM’s ? Reply with quote

The torque is generally based on the thread size. I used the same torque on mine as for the stock wheels: 90 lb-ft (4-lug wheels).
kpf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Torque Value on BRM’s ? Reply with quote

Everyone enjoys pics...
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Shredder
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Torque Value on BRM’s ? Reply with quote

Whoops sorry, 5 x 205 12mm its a ‘62 ragtop stock screaming 40 horse…Did I say screaming? I meant cruzin’….
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:02 am    Post subject: Re: Torque Value on BRM’s ? Reply with quote

Aluminum wheels generally run higher torque settings because of the material being softer. My JBW wheels all came with tags in the boxes saying to torque to 100ftlbs. I torque my Centerlines to the same value.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: