Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

A true car guy dying of cancer - needs some help.
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: A true car guy dying of cancer - needs some help. Reply with quote

So let me get this - he wants extra money to finish his hobby before he croaks?

For petesakes - we got people who are not eating or have no home and roaming the streets. And this guy got the gall to milk everyone else w/ a go-fund-me?

I litterally watch a friend of mine die from cancer. He worked a business painting cars - owner. He told me -do not feel bad for me man. I wanted to work the cars and made me happy. -is what he said to me.

Why not sell the damn car and use the money for your family before he kicks the bucket?? Sell everything and give the cash to your family. Forget the damn car already and spend time w/ your wife and family instead.

I have worked and covered Oncology units - you will not see people crying there. They are brave as hell and at peace w/ what is coming for them.

If it is my time and I go - please delete my search history. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:43 am    Post subject: Re: A true car guy dying of cancer - needs some help. Reply with quote

^Wow. Such an empathetic response.
If that's how he wants to end his time on this earth, so be it.
If people want to help him with it, so be it.

We should all remember that we shouldn't place our values on someone else.
Oprn wrote: I'm getting to the age that any self propelled woman (no wheel chair or walker) looks HOT!! Oooo! look at that Babe! She made it from the dining room all the way to the TV room without help!! Hubba, hubba!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
outcaststudios
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:32 am    Post subject: Re: A true car guy dying of cancer - needs some help. Reply with quote

bigdog1962 wrote:

if you believe that, then maybe just let other people have their opinions without trying to make yourself look good?
(rip)three type III"s
(rip) '81 vanagon
a bunch of french stuff,and 9 motorcycles.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2573791
bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: A true car guy dying of cancer - needs some help. Reply with quote

outcaststudios wrote:
bigdog1962 wrote:

if you believe that, then maybe just let other people have their opinions without trying to make yourself look good?

It is an observation on human behavior that we all need to be reminded of, if you want to be part of a civilized society.

And yes, I believe that but it doesn't make me look "good." Don't take the one sentence out of context.
Oprn wrote: I'm getting to the age that any self propelled woman (no wheel chair or walker) looks HOT!! Oooo! look at that Babe! She made it from the dining room all the way to the TV room without help!! Hubba, hubba!!
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: A true car guy dying of cancer - needs some help. Reply with quote

nsracing wrote:
Oncology units - you will not see people crying there. They are brave as hell and at peace w/ what is coming for them.

True that. BTDT, I'm a survivor myself, spent many hours in the infusion (chemo) unit and the radiation center as well, peeps there facing death like Marines in the trenches, whether it's coming sooner or later. Very humbling.
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:06 am    Post subject: Re: A true car guy dying of cancer - needs some help. Reply with quote

Fact: No one yet has gotten out this life alive. Most of us, if we live long enough are going to need help. I have plans to downsize my material goods over the next 10 years so that my dreams don’t become a burden on others. Will I succeed in that? I don’t know, I could be hit by a Bus today…
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: A true car guy dying of cancer - needs some help. Reply with quote

I am with you there -

But yesterday, I went to pick up a 120-gal Commercial Air compressor someone left out for dead. Hate it when they do that to a fine machinetool. I could not let her rot -

I suppose we have to live too - I just let people to their hearts' content. If what you is what makes you happy, then be at people and do.

Nobody gets out alive - what you do w/ your time here is on you. Some people want to be remembered and they do all sorts of things to remind others...be a statue or monument.

I planted several trees in my yard -just some wild maple saplings that grew by the fence and I moved them so they can grow. NOw they are some giants - Maybe my children or grand children will cut them down one day and use them to warm the house. That be my last gifts -

Last edited by nsracing on Sun May 14, 2023 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: A true car guy dying of cancer - needs some help. Reply with quote

If I make it to the fall I plan on buying several hundred flower bulbs to plants in the yards of people I know. Not gonna tell them. Just gonna sneak over and pop them in. Hopefully they will smile when they pop up the next spring.
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: A true car guy dying of cancer - needs some help. Reply with quote

jspbtown wrote:
If I make it to the fall I plan on buying several hundred flower bulbs to plants in the yards of people I know. Not gonna tell them. Just gonna sneak over and pop them in. Hopefully they will smile when they pop up the next spring.

You made me smile today just thinking about it

Very Happy
jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: A true car guy dying of cancer - needs some help. Reply with quote

Laughing
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 1:58 am    Post subject: Re: A true car guy dying of cancer - needs some help. Reply with quote

jspbtown, they will love seeing you through each pedal. I hope you are there to see the look on their faces.
Applause Applause Applause Very Happy

jspbtown wrote:

www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 6:27 am    Post subject: Re: A true car guy dying of cancer - needs some help. Reply with quote

LAGrunthaner wrote:
jspbtown, they will love seeing you through each pedal.

He’s planting bulbs, not bicycles. Laughing

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 1:35 am    Post subject: Re: A true car guy dying of cancer - needs some help. Reply with quote

Petal, smart ass! Wink
TDCTDI wrote:
LAGrunthaner wrote:

www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 4:04 am    Post subject: Re: A true car guy dying of cancer - needs some help. Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
LAGrunthaner wrote:

Well struck!!
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: A true car guy dying of cancer - needs some help. Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
TDCTDI wrote:
LAGrunthaner wrote:

Well struck!!

At least he didn't say "each peddle."
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: A true car guy dying of cancer - needs some help. Reply with quote

nsracing wrote:
I just let people to their hearts' content. If what you is what makes you happy, then be at people and do.

Question
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: