Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Just replaced fuel line and now it wont start.
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
EVCFOREVER11
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:57 pm    Post subject: Just replaced fuel line and now it wont start. Reply with quote

I recently replaced a radiator in my 95 EVC and a fuel tube ( nylon ) cracked , so I just replaced it with a long fuel hose from the filter to engine. Now it will not start. ??? I sprayed starter fluid to check and it starts with the spray . Any ideas on what to do ? Thank you.
mikemtnbike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:49 am    Post subject: Re: Just replaced fuel line and now it wont start. Reply with quote

I'd be starting with the very basics, meaning is the fuel pump working/ is there fuel pressure, then moving on to seeing the injectors are delivering fuel, then stepping back and scratching me head.

The only thing you changed was the line? No other work done at same time? Line routed exactly the same, only difference is materials?

Like I said, basics.
EuroTec
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:58 am    Post subject: Re: Just replaced fuel line and now it wont start. Reply with quote

Look around for something you may have unplugged while working on it. I've done this many times as a tech. Knock some connector loose and it's a no go leaving you to wonder why.

Check all electrical connections to the engine.
EVCFOREVER11
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:39 am    Post subject: Re: Just replaced fuel line and now it wont start. Reply with quote

Fuel comes out of the hose in to a jug when I turn the key. I checked the fuses and good. . I noticed some hissing sound ( pressure ) at both ends of hose when inspected. I added a second hose clamp on the one at the engine. The one on the fuel filter i wiggled it hard and some fuel leaked. I will add another clamp , but I dont see that would be a reason to not start would it ???
EVCFOREVER11
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:40 am    Post subject: Re: Just replaced fuel line and now it wont start. Reply with quote

The radiator fans are waiting for a new temp sensor that is out , would that stop it ?
volkybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Just replaced fuel line and now it wont start. Reply with quote

No. U seem to have fuel check for spark&make sure the coil is hooked up..that( coil ofvtenfails
VWinny
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Just replaced fuel line and now it wont start. Reply with quote

If you have spark, then it could be the fuel pressure regulator that the line goes into; may have seized when it got dry. other than that would be you injectors.
TheOneTrueQuux
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: Just replaced fuel line and now it wont start. Reply with quote

EVCFOREVER11 wrote:
I recently replaced a radiator in my 95 EVC and a fuel tube ( nylon ) cracked , so I just replaced it with a long fuel hose from the filter to engine. Now it will not start. ??? I sprayed starter fluid to check and it starts with the spray . Any ideas on what to do ? Thank you.

Is it possible you reversed the supply and return lines?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: