Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Honing new cylinders
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Honing new cylinders Reply with quote

vamram wrote:
vwracerdave wrote:

Tucker can not write any better or where you can understand it. All he posts are poor spelling and sentence structure. You just have to decipher his posts for yourself.

I sometimes copy and paste his posts into Word and force corrections. Makes them easier to comprehend. Still, way too much work so I often just do a 1-time read-thru to see if it makes sense then move on. Same w/Ray G's posts - all of the dots instead of correct English punctuation make them laborious to read.

Correct EngLIsH punctuation? Laughing

The dots are called an "Ellipses". They are correct "ENGLISH" punctuation. They are used in three most common ways (I use all three but there are more).

1. To create a break to indicate an in complete thought

2. To slow down the read speed to call attention to an item or thought

3. To indicate an omission of words in a quote.

A large portion of what I do is technical writing for training/ISO/R&D process documents for my clients spanning a range of industries. I write and read very fast. Lots of ellipses as I write rough drafts so I know to come back and re-visit, review or reword.

Just block me if it's slowing you down and you find nothing useful.

Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
modok
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Honing new cylinders Reply with quote

When it comes to honing IMO, going faster has no quality benefits.
I RUSH to .001" from size then put it in LOW gear and finish slow.
You could go 1 RPM it would just work better except you'd die of boredom.
I added a low range to my drill press so it goes down to 200, and my three phase stuff all has VFDs, and I have variacs for my brushed motors.

I have no problem understanding ray or tucker.
Maybe I'm gifted in reading skill? LOL
I'm probably just average natural reading skill. But I read a LOT.
Before I got HOOKED on books I was in the remedial class.
Or maybe you just need to EXPAND your understanding. In colorado we just decriminalized it.
Bug53
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Honing new cylinders Reply with quote

modok wrote:
When it comes to honing IMO, going faster has no quality benefits.
I RUSH to .001" from size then put it in LOW gear and finish slow.
You could go 1 RPM it would just work better except you'd die of boredom.
I added a low range to my drill press so it goes down to 200, and my three phase stuff all has VFDs, and I have variacs for my brushed motors.

Or maybe you just need to EXPAND your understanding. In colorado we just decriminalized it.

Cool
Bug53
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Honing new cylinders Reply with quote

modok wrote:

I followed Ray just fine. A bit deep but well read and well understood.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: Honing new cylinders Reply with quote

vamram wrote:
vwracerdave wrote:

Tucker can not write any better or where you can understand it. All he posts are poor spelling and sentence structure. You just have to decipher his posts for yourself.

I sometimes copy and paste his posts into Word and force corrections. Makes them easier to comprehend. Still, way too much work so I often just do a 1-time read-thru to see if it makes sense then move on. Same w/Ray G's posts - all of the dots instead of correct English punctuation make them laborious to read.
No matter how it's written the clueless will always be clueless and wouldn't be able to comprehend any thing correctly but think they do by fixing a miss spelled word. Thus all the swap meets filled with previously good parts. thanks for outing your self as clueless. Possibly a clueless exspurt.
Bug53
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:17 am    Post subject: Re: Honing new cylinders Reply with quote

Update:
Engine torn down after cam break in and roughly 10 mile run.
Upon re-assembly would you run the dingle ball hone down thru the jugs quick or let her fly?
I think let her fly.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: