Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW Airboat Project
Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
uglymug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:01 am    Post subject: VW Airboat Project Reply with quote

Thought you all might enjoy this project I found on CL for sale! I have no connection to the seller.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

1973 Marina Blue Super Beetle Project "Blooper"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Airboat Project Reply with quote

I have the Glen L airboat plans and hope some day to build it. I will do the engine completely different though. I want to use a type 3 engine and all the cooling system so that I can control the engine temperature for running on snow and ice in the winter. The prop would then be mounted on the flywheel end because that bearing is much better suited to taking the load than the pulley end.

My plan then is to use a chainsaw engine to start it with as the stock starter would be in the way of the prop. Or just hand prop it...
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: