Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Buggy Seat Idea
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
2381Buggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:41 pm    Post subject: Buggy Seat Idea Reply with quote

Found these tractor style seats on line-about the same size as the plastic buggy seats many of us have that are so uncomfortable.

These are about the same size and look like they could bolt in to the floorboard with no brackets.

What do y'all think? Anybody ever tried one?
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 4:17 am    Post subject: Re: Buggy Seat Idea Reply with quote

I am interested, do you have a link?
2381Buggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 7:12 am    Post subject: Re: Buggy Seat Idea Reply with quote

Go to Vevor.com

They have a pair for $222
CrazyTestPilot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Buggy Seat Idea Reply with quote

I would look for something with a headrest for safety.
2381Buggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: Buggy Seat Idea Reply with quote

I use this buggy only in the woods and on trails..no high speed runs. To me, these seats are the same as far as low back plastic ones, I think I'd be safe with no headrest.

I found that Tractor Supply has the same seat-probably made by the same company. Going to get one and try it for size and fit. Can do this locally without having to order on line.
2381Buggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Buggy Seat Idea Reply with quote

Just to let anyone know.. I got a seat from tractor supply yesterday and its not for me. Too small. Makes the plastic ones seem good.

Oh well..... will be returning.
Mal evolent
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Buggy Seat Idea Reply with quote

the plastic buggy seat was designed by Steve McQueen, and sized to fit his scrawny self.

Baja Bugs for Volkswagen Virgins: Index
CrazyTestPilot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: Buggy Seat Idea Reply with quote

I like seats from the junkyard, they have great cushion, there's always some cool ones and they're really cheap.
DesertSasquatchXploration
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: Buggy Seat Idea Reply with quote

Is their a reason suspension seats cant or aren't used in buggy's? Yea the price but My PRP seats are amazing worth every penny.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: Buggy Seat Idea Reply with quote

DesertSasquatchXploration wrote:
Is their a reason suspension seats cant or aren't used in buggy's? Yea the price but My PRP seats are amazing worth every penny.

Should work fine if you are only 5' tall.
cbeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Buggy Seat Idea Reply with quote

Corbeau- $300 a pop delivered. Not jacking up your back and dealing with it for 40 years and counting, priceless.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

2381Buggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: Buggy Seat Idea Reply with quote

I have looked at the Corbeua seats..look great. My problem is fit. I cannot go wider than about 19" on each seat due to the width of my frame. The seat bottoms of the plastic ones touch each other as it is.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: