Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW Factory Replacement Part Website (help needed to find it)
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wheelie Pete
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 10:38 am    Post subject: VW Factory Replacement Part Website (help needed to find it) Reply with quote

I (thought) vw was slowly authorizing and selling factory replacement parts to support our aircooled vw hobby. I (thought) they were only selling parts in Germany and not North American (yet) I thought there was a German website supporting this endeavor, but I can't find it. Is anyone familiar with it and perhaps can post a link? Thanks! Wheelie Pete
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: VW Factory Replacement Part Website (help needed to find it) Reply with quote

I don't think they are all factory parts, I think they sell the same junk as anyone else. I could be wrong

https://www.heritagepartscentre.com/us/
Who.Me? Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: VW Factory Replacement Part Website (help needed to find it) Reply with quote

[quote="Wheelie Pete"]

It looks like they have US reseller/partners too now...

https://www.volkswagen-classic-parts.com/en_uk/par...th-america

Misread their website. I thought one of the resellers was in CA. Just realised it was a .ca web address (Canada). I'm surprised they still don't have a US partner.

What parts were you searching for? They have some stuff, but not huge amounts. Try VW heritage (UK) and Mecatechnic (France). They're both classic parts partners. I've had good luck finding NOS parts through both.

Last edited by Who.Me? on Thu May 04, 2023 4:43 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Wheelie Pete
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Factory Replacement Part Website (help needed to find it) Reply with quote

Who.Me? wrote:
Wheelie Pete wrote:
I (thought) vw was slowly authorizing and selling factory replacement parts to support our aircooled vw hobby. I (thought) they were only selling parts in Germany and not North American (yet) I thought there was a German website supporting this endeavor, but I can't find it. Is anyone familiar with it and perhaps can post a link? Thanks! Wheelie Pete

Volkswagen Classic Parts?

Several countries have local authorised dealers, but the German one is https://www.volkswagen-classic-parts.com/en_uk/

It looks like they have US reseller/partners too now...

https://www.volkswagen-classic-parts.com/en_uk/par...th-america

That's the one! Thanks! Wheelie Pete
jeffrey8164 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Factory Replacement Part Website (help needed to find it) Reply with quote

I just tried entering 5 different part numbers and all came back with a 404 error.
Can’t find anywhere on the site to browse through their wares either.
The only thing I can find on that site is a link for a birth certificate for $130.

If I go to the UK site I can find something I’m looking for but it won’t let me change the country to ship to so I guess I’m SOL

“Let he that is without oil throw the first rod”
(Compression 8.7:1)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
blue72beetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Factory Replacement Part Website (help needed to find it) Reply with quote

It knows you live in the US so it won't show you any parts. You'd have to get on there through a VPN to trick it into thinking you live in Europe to browse.
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Factory Replacement Part Website (help needed to find it) Reply with quote

blue72beetle wrote:
It knows you live in the US so it won't show you any parts. You'd have to get on there through a VPN to trick it into thinking you live in Europe to browse.

yep

LAME!
Who.Me? Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 5:10 am    Post subject: Re: VW Factory Replacement Part Website (help needed to find it) Reply with quote

Erik G wrote:
blue72beetle wrote:

yep

LAME!

What were you trying to find? I'd be surprised if the partners can't source anything that VW Classic Parts have and they often have additional NOS stock of their own.

There are partners in Canada (I missread the .ca web addresses as being the CA state identifier when I answered above. There isn't a US partner.).

VW Heritage here in the UK are a partner and have a US web presence. https://www.heritagepartscentre.com/us/

I've also had luck sourcing NOS parts via Mecatechnic, who are the partner in France. https://www.mecatechnic.com/en-GB/volkswagen-classic-parts

I'd be surprised if they wouldn't ship to the US.

Looking for info on my truck's history. Are you from Campbell California or nearby. Do you recognise it? ... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=636786
jeffrey8164 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 5:57 am    Post subject: Re: VW Factory Replacement Part Website (help needed to find it) Reply with quote

This tickled my fancy:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

“Let he that is without oil throw the first rod”
(Compression 8.7:1)
CanStan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: VW Factory Replacement Part Website (help needed to find it) Reply with quote

Concept1.ca carries lots of Classic brand parts. They ship to the USA, and with how shitty the Canadian dollar is lately, it's probably a good deal for Americans right now.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: