Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Classic Steel - [email protected]
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Classic Steel Body
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: April 09, 2024
lumber-baron
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 10:21 am    Post subject: Classic Steel - [email protected] Reply with quote

Bought some of Mark’s Silver Weld Thru metal last fall, I picked up the parts from his supplier - Golden Star in Dallas TX. Most of us don’t put these projects together in a weekend, and thought I did look everything over, I didn’t check the fitment of everything right away. This spring I encountered some serious issues with the manufacturing quality of some of the parts to the point that I had to disassemble (drill out all the welds) and rework the entire stampings.
When I contacted Mark about these issues, he pretty much told me to pound sand.
I know that reproduction parts aren’t all plug-n-play and expect to have to make some adjustments, but this was significantly above and beyond that
I would have expected that someone trying to build up a business would have been a bit more accommodating.
Bottom line - I would not recommend doing business with Mark.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
esde
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 12:35 am    Post subject: Re: Classic Steel - [email protected] Reply with quote

Can you detail some of the parts used and problems you encountered please?
lumber-baron
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 3:23 am    Post subject: Re: Classic Steel - [email protected] Reply with quote

I posted this about the doglegs in the aftermarket metal forum:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=478200&highlight=
I also purchased a roof section which is made up of 2 pieces that are lap welded behind the sunroof opening (a minor detail that was not mentioned in his ad). The 2 pieces weren’t properly aligned when they were spot welded at the factory leaving one side longer than the other. Mark’s response was go to harbor freight and buy a spot weld drill.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: