Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Rear Seat plastic slides and locking pins
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
eurojudy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 2:51 pm    Post subject: Rear Seat plastic slides and locking pins Reply with quote

My 2001 EVC rear seat does not stay locked. I removed it from the van and came across a few issues (besides all the dirt).

There seems to be some plastic slide material missing from the left side. Is this critical? Where do I get more of it?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

At one stage I lubed it up using something greasy from a tube (White Lightening?). Can I use dry silicone lube like for my road bike?

Lastly, I see one of the pins in the relaxed position is all the way down, and one isn't.

I think I can adjust this loosening a nut and letting more cable feed out. Can anyone circle the correct nut to adjust? Thanks![/img]
eurojudy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear Seat plastic slides and locking pins Reply with quote

as no one replied here I'll tell you what I did. I got some 1/8" high density smooth strips from Tap Plastics, cut to size, glued on with Gorilla double stick tape. Then I greased that up with some White Lightening. I wouldn't say it's like butter, more like a bit of effort to slide back and forth, but at least it stays put unlike before when it would slide back and forth of its own accord while driving. If anyone is reading this, do you have strips on both bottom and sides? Mine had glue marks on both so that's why I put them there, but I wonder if you really need the side pieces.
mikemtnbike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:42 am    Post subject: Re: Rear Seat plastic slides and locking pins Reply with quote

The nut to adjust cable tension is not evident in your pictures. It's a barrel adjuster similar to on bicycles. You can also increase the tension at the clamp end, by the handle. The pins should be in the down position unless you are lifting the release handle.

My van does not have the plastic slides, seat works without them, it's just looser in the rails than it could be.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: