Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Middle row seatbelt source?
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 3:10 pm    Post subject: Middle row seatbelt source? Reply with quote

2003 Eurovan

Need a set of new seatbelts for the middle row, with two captains chairs.

One side, the webbing is frayed.

Other side, it constantly locks. So to loosen it up, you have to unbuckle it, retract and rebuckle. Didn't know it was like this until I chose to ride back here for a while on our road trip.

President, Wild Westerner Club

1978 Champagne Edition Westy, repowered to '97 Jetta TDI
1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kourt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: Middle row seatbelt source? Reply with quote

Measure yours and order new from:

https://www.seatbeltplanet.com

I did this for my EVC, for all seats.

If you don't like what you see on their site, they offer a belt rewebbing service.

Kourt
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Middle row seatbelt source? Reply with quote

kourt wrote:
Measure yours and order new from:

https://www.seatbeltplanet.com

I did this for my EVC, for all seats.

If you don't like what you see on their site, they offer a belt rewebbing service.

Kourt

Did you use the buckles too? Or did you order some that work with the VW Buckles?

I was thinking I wanted OG, but then I saw the bright green webbing option!

1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
kourt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Middle row seatbelt source? Reply with quote

For my 2001 EVC, the buckles in the OEM front seats matched the belts and hardware Seatbeltplanet supplied, but for the rear, total replacement was necessary. I would assume a total replacement in most cases.

It's pretty neat how you can change the webbing color. I was tempted to put in bright orange webbing (much like what FedEx trucks use) but decided on black when I remembered how often my hands are dirty when I handle the seatbelts. The belts would soon show the signs of dirt and grease. Better to keep them black, which shows dirt much less.

kourt
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: Middle row seatbelt source? Reply with quote

Why did you have to replace the whole thing in the rear?

It seems like if the buckle fits the receiver on the front seats, a buckle should fit the receiver in my middle captain's chairs, right...?

1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
kourt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: Middle row seatbelt source? Reply with quote

EVC seat belts are not the same design from front to rear. The buckles are different, and the rear EVC buckles are very unique. And twenty year old belts? Throw them out.

kourt
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: