Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Pushrod recommendations.
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bug53
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 12:07 pm    Post subject: Pushrod recommendations. Reply with quote

I have chromoly rods now cut to length.
As expected they are a bit noisy.
I have entertained and discussed Dan Ruddock’s pushrods but we don’t know yet if they will clear JayCee tubes with Scat 1:4’s.
I have his single bee hive springs so there isn’t a heavy spring load.
Have any of you used other aluminum extra strength rods such as what CB sells?
Dan Ruddock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Pushrod recommendations. Reply with quote

Bug53 wrote:
I have chromoly rods now cut to length.
As expected they are a bit noisy.
I have entertained and discussed Dan Ruddock’s pushrods but we don’t know yet if they will clear JayCee tubes with Scat 1:4’s.
I have his single bee hive springs so there isn’t a heavy spring load.
Have any of you used other aluminum extra strength rods such as what CB sells?

Glen I just secured a batch of 1.3 and 1.4 rockers rocker arms, I will get them in a few days to test your same combo for my customers engine I am now working on. I will have them hopefully by Tuesday. There are no 7/16" aluminum pushrods on the CB site. I would not call any of the CB aluminum tubes as extra strength. There is no substitute for a bigger tube. Dan
txoval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Pushrod recommendations. Reply with quote

Dan’s are great and in the last engine I built

Another option is Tabari’s (bugguy1967) tapered pushrods
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bug53
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Pushrod recommendations. Reply with quote

txoval wrote:
Dan’s are great and in the last engine I built

Another option is Tabari’s (bugguy1967) tapered pushrods

I have to agree that Dan has the knowledge and sells quality products.
bugguy1967
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Pushrod recommendations. Reply with quote

Yo
Bus boy 89
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 5:54 am    Post subject: Re: Pushrod recommendations. Reply with quote

I’ve got aircooled.net dual taper aluminium rods in my 2276 nitrous motor but sadly ACN have ceased trading. My next choice would be JPM.
Bug53
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: Pushrod recommendations. Reply with quote

Bus boy 89 wrote:
I’ve got aircooled.net dual taper aluminium rods in my 2276 nitrous motor but sadly ACN have ceased trading. My next choice would be JPM.

ACN was always highly recommended but the three or four times I ordered from them I would wait two or three weeks and never get a shipping confirmation even on basic stuff.

I always ended up sending emails to cancel orders and moved on. I think thru COVID they had some serious staffing problems.
jeffrey8164 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Pushrod recommendations. Reply with quote

I was under the impression that the tapered pushrods ACN sold were the same ones that CB sells. Question

“Let he that is without oil throw the first rod”
(Compression 8.7:1)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bus boy 89
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Pushrod recommendations. Reply with quote

jeffrey8164 wrote:
I was under the impression that the tapered pushrods ACN sold were the same ones that CB sells. Question

No the ACN sets are much more beefy
Bus boy 89
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Pushrod recommendations. Reply with quote

Bug53 wrote:
Bus boy 89 wrote:

ACN was always highly recommended but the three or four times I ordered from them I would wait two or three weeks and never get a shipping confirmation even on basic stuff.

I always ended up sending emails to cancel orders and moved on. I think thru COVID they had some serious staffing problems.

Can’t say I’d ever had that (not saying it never happened) only think for me was being in the U.K. I had to get my family members in Utah to order stuff and send it to me as ACN wouldn’t post to europe. Covid was a bad time, ruined lots of people’s lives and business’s ☹️
jeffrey8164 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Pushrod recommendations. Reply with quote

Well, where did the people making those go?
I doubt ACN was making them in house.
I bought a set of those from them, among many other things and I too was frustrated with their website not showing if things were in stock as well as the long shipping times.
I just wish they would either crank back up or sell their book of business and let someone else continue on.
But now I rant.

“Let he that is without oil throw the first rod”
(Compression 8.7:1)
txoval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Pushrod recommendations. Reply with quote

Contact Tabari…one of the best out there in my book
modok
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Pushrod recommendations. Reply with quote

ACN pushrods were supplied by Smith Brothers
74 Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 12:17 am    Post subject: Re: Pushrod recommendations. Reply with quote

Yes, ACN pushrods were Smith Brothers.

They will make you a set cut to length.

pushrods.net give them a call
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: