Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

How concerned should I be about this leak?
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cjschriver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 11:32 am    Post subject: How concerned should I be about this leak? Reply with quote

So I was gluing down some pad and carpet and I dumped 3/4 of a pint of contact cement under the rear drivers side seat, where the VR and the 4-way splitter and the connection for the autostick wire to vacuum regulator valve live. Cleaned as much as I could with some shop towels, got the wires up out of the goo, wiped it down and let it dry. Today I noticed this under that region of the car.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Mostly wondering what that flap is in the center. I'm thinking hopefully the glue sealed up whatever it leaked through. Am I nuts? Soldier on ?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Buggeee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: How concerned should I be about this leak? Reply with quote

I guess I'm not the only one to knock over a cup of rubber cement when laying carpet in a beetle.

I think you will be fine. Its just rubber cement.

Bug on Thumbs Up

I think I've mentioned before that I really like that paint job.
SnowDaySyncro wrote:
Every setback is an opportunity to learn stuff and to buy new tools.
Cjschriver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: How concerned should I be about this leak? Reply with quote

Thanks alot Buggeee. That's what I wanted to hear Very Happy I REALLY am going to love this when it finally comes together. I just came across a pic of yours in the gallery regarding bumper grommets. Maybe you could reply to my other thread as well?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: