Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

My 1972 1302s
Forum Index -> Reader's Rides Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Macca_nzl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 4:41 am    Post subject: My 1972 1302s Reply with quote

Hey,

I've had my beetle for about 6 months now, slowly bringing him back to original condition, here are some pics of him when he was bought by the previous owner.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

And here is the another pic of about 2 months later

Reg plate stayed with the previous owner....

and here is the most recent pic, have got rid of the tied on number plate - now have a tidy stick on one ( illegal in NZ), while i source a front bumper.

What im planning on doing is making it into the perfect "old school racer"
Gonna graft in a sunroof section before the end of 2004, still huntung for pop-out rear windows, i have the wide rims sitting in my garage, eventually when i get the funds they will have 195/50/15 whitewalls. currently there is no stereo ( I sing to myself) but by the end of this week it will have an awesome 70's 8 Track stereo its gonna rock.

Running a single port 1969 1641cc, hopefully will upgrade that to a 1776cc but i don't know when.

Will keep you posted on how its going, also watch out for photo's of my 1962 that i have just bought.

wanted - Blade from ambo fans.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vdub_nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey there,
your bug looks really sweet, sounds like u have some great plans Cool are you keepin the stock exhaust on it, or is that going to be old school style too? Keep us posted! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Macca_nzl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allready has been changed, but i will have to change it agin soon, the PO welded the new muffler onto the inside of the rear right fender so in order to get my wide tyres i wil have to move it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
1973 1303S
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coool!! as you know i like the 1302S Wink

it looks in pretty good condition too, the inside is very tidy & the paint looks good Cool

yeah all it needs to finish it off is some orginial chrome bumpers on the front & back

keep the pics coming Very Happy
Jessica
Samba Chat Whore

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice car! Smile Are you going to leave the interior and exterior colors the same? Definitely keep us updated with pics!
RIP RW

Quote:
MrBreeze: The snorklestang has no history. It was here before time began. Jesus himself drove that to high school
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vdub_nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macca_nzl wrote:
Allready has been changed, but i will have to change it agin soon, the PO welded the new muffler onto the inside of the rear right fender so in order to get my wide tyres i wil have to move it.

Coolios! good luck wiv the pop out r.windows, i wanna fit some of those to my car they're fairly rare though + dead expensive for some decent ones! But they're worth it! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Macca_nzl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am thinking of changing the interior to a black and blue scheme, in one of the bugs i bought today there are some really cool highback seats that i am going to get fixed up and into the 1302s, while i work on making it oldschool im putting the 62 and 67 into storage.

Macca_nzl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a pic of the seats that were in 67 i bought and will soon be in my 1302s once they have been tidied up.

Wayne3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Sam,Just saw your seats,theyre not VW ones,look like early Corolla to me ??,dont fit them or you will need certification !!,Dont forget your rubbers !! Cool
Macca_nzl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really,

Bugger thought they were, i am sure they are on vw runners, looks like the hunt it back on.Have the window rubbers arrived?

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Reader's Rides All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: