Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Price Gouging
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
andyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:18 pm    Post subject: Price Gouging Reply with quote

There are so many on THE SAMBA that think what they have is GOLD, why can they not be resonable, I think it is a disgrace at some of the prices that these people and you know who you are, want for what ever they have. And also the people that advertise what the have on a German box to give the inpression that it is nos German. WHY NOT BE HONEST OR TRY TO BE GOOD & HELPFUL TO GOOD VW PEOPLE, of course this is only my opion, Andy Sad Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jesse luna
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject: price gouging Reply with quote

The classifieds are like a retail marketplace for a lot of people, they base their prices according to what the market will bring(then of course there are those that are just a little too stoned too). Thats why I go to swaps, shows, garage sales, knock on doors, leave notes around, ect. This is where the good deals are found anyway. Also you can try to barter parts with those people, network, make friends. It makes dollar amounts less relevant and is another good way to find good deals with out spending a fortune.
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: prices? Reply with quote

this how it is: Below are the 3 things that decide the price.

#1 How desperate you are..

#2 How desperate the seller is...

#3 What the market can bear..

These are the 3 truths.

Have a nice day guys.

Peace.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because someone lists a price, doesn't mean you can't offer less.

Then it's their decision to sell or hold out.

There are alot of ads that have been on for months, if not years.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mark Evans Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swaps are the best place to find deals. I have noticed prices on VW parts going up better than most stocks, they don't make this stuff any more!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
53 0val
Samba Professor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you think the Samba prices are bad----------wait tell you want something really rare. You will have to deal with the Germans--the Euro--and shipping. Sad
nodollarsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Law of supply and demand works on everything. If they got it and you want it, then they can charge you what they want. Not saying that is a good thing but if you own it and want to sell it, you make the price, If it is not fair or over blown, it may not sell. me I prefer to help a fellow VW'r out. Good luck and look for another if it is over priced. I am sure there is more than 1 around if you look hard enough.
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And also the people that advertise what the have on a German box to give the inpression that it is nos German.

when i sell something that IS NOS german VW, i often put it on a vw box for the picture, mainly for "show". many times the box is the box for the part, but not always. i think it helps to show that a part is an nos part.
i do agree that people who put crappy, used junk on vw boxes are not helping anything. i really hate to go to a show and open a VW box and find a used, worn out piece of shit part.

as far as pricing, nobody is holding a gun to your head forcing you to but it. now that show season is pretty much drawing to a close, people will want top dollar for internet sales, and many times the parts will sell because they can't be purchased at a show for many months to come. also, if you're working on a project over the winter and you need that one part that nobody local to you has, would you not pay the asking price if you really needed it?
53 0val
Samba Professor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many times the box is worth as much as the part---especially on some rare accessories.
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year I bought a NOS Bosch 019 distributor for $65. The seller only showed a picture of the distributor. When i received the package to my surprise I found the original Scream box and stryofoam. I was able to complete the kit with a NOS German 6v Blue coil.

To me the box "Makes" the kit. Otherwise it's just a NOS distributor and NOS coil.

But the moral of the story is ask questions. Know what it's worth and be willing to walk away from it.

Deals are out there. You just have to wait for them to surface.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: