Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Correct bolt size for front license plate holder?
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
74 Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:57 pm    Post subject: Correct bolt size for front license plate holder? Reply with quote

Can someone tell me the correct bolt size for the front license plate holder that is bolted through the front panel with the nuts and washers inside the trunk?

I do no have my exploded diagram of parts handy, and for some reason the bolts in my car are standard1/4-20 and not metric, and I know that has got to be incorrect!

Thanks
mondshine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Correct bolt size for front license plate holder? Reply with quote

My parts diagram shows M6x1 bolts, then an M6 spring washer, then the bracket, then a rubber washer between the bracket and the body.
Inside the trunk is an M6 flat washer, then the M6 nut.

I doubt you'll get sued over using SAE fasteners in that spot, but it seems that the most critical item is the rubber washer between the bracket and the body.
It actually has the number 311 821 185. Any neoprene or nylon washer from the corner hardware store should be fine.

Good luck, Mondshine
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: