Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Order problems - Is it just me? Really?
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Just Jake
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: Order problems - Is it just me? Really? Reply with quote

In the past month I have ordered from two different suppliers. Both "stores" have been well mentioned in various forums here. I have also inquired with various people selling parts on the site in classifieds with the same issue.

The two places I have placed orders with have an option to choose a specific shipping method on their sites, or on the phone while conducting the order process.

I understand sometimes there are logistics issues and orders can be delayed, or someone posting in classifieds may be very busy and may not log in or check their email.

Now I work for a retail dot com, these are the kinds of issues I resolve every day. So I am very patient, polite and understanding. Customers in general do not display these attributes nor are as courteous.

My problem is the lack of communication from these companies, and then the lack of follow through. When I order something express shipped its probably because I want it soon.

Refunding the difference between express and ground shipping is nice, but it doesn't fix the issue. A simple telephone call or email notifying me that there is a delay in the order is all that I want.

That way I am not sitting there a week later emailing and then 2 days later calling wondering first where my order is and second why my email hasn't been responded to, only to be told "sorry we screwed up"

If I were retired and didn't have to schedule time off from work (I work every day I do get vacation time but it must be scheduled ahead) this would be fine, I could do things at my leisure.

Whenever I've ordered things online previously, I have had ample communication with the seller, and my products have always arrived early or on time..

Is it just vw vendors? Is it just me and a coincidental 2 separate and unaffiliated shops along with 3 or 4 separate classifieds advertisers that have still not gotten back to me?

Am I really that weird to want to have some kind of communication with someone receiving my money for an item prior to giving it to them?

Im not all that angry, just really disappointed because I know the level of service I give to my customers and what I've received.

I probably won't be ordering from either of these companies again, simply because even though this is a minor issue, what if it had been a major one?

I am not mentioning specific names because I do not see it as beneficial. If you want to know you can private message me. I really could be the only one, and I very well may be the only person on Earth that has run into this issue. I have my doubts, but anything is possible.

This is a very easy issue to resolve, and I would like to see more people following up for their customers. If you're a vendor, or advertiser it will really benefit you to take the time to follow up if there is an issue.

Maybe smoking doobs after work would help your business?
amishman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a nutshell, most customer service these days, at least the places I call, suck. They could care less about you, just the $$.

There are a few good folks left and you can sure see the difference with them when you do business.

I have one good local FLAPS that stocks some VW items. Even though many times they are not german parts, but Brazil or someplace else, I still buy from them. Figure if they stay in business, that is good for me also. Support locals, then if all else fails, buy over internet.

I would say I buy 1/2 from them, 1/2 from Internet.

tj

Come visit my web site!
http://www.vwhippie.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it isn't just you.

You have an unusual situation with consecutive issues but overall people who deal with the public have a dislike for the job.

So many "kids" went off to college with visions of grandeur in their eyes having been taught their whole life that they will get the Golden Ring with a college degree.
Turns out that many of them didn't get a Golden Ring, instead they found a market flooded with College Degrees and in the mail they got a Coupon Book to repay their staggering College loans.

Sucky Job, Debt Ridden, Feeling trapped on the treadmill to nowhere. Many are doing jobs High School dropouts can do with ease. They only have the job for they have bills to pay and probably a kid or two to feed.
They have the "white" collar job of customer service until that Golden Ring gets dispensed on the next revolution of the Merry Go Round of Life.

Not an excuse by any means, no one wants nasty people working for them but it is an explanation. I have family in this situation where they expected the moon and ended up delivering uniforms though the title is "route manager". I guess the manager part of the title requires that degree?

Dave

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
static
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What bugs me is that they don't really have a good reason why they cannot pick, pack and ship within 24 hours. I understand stuff being OOS, but they seem to have a huge disconnect between the invoice and the shipping dock.

Wolfsburg West does it right; the rest need to replace their Shipping Managers. I don't really care if it is going UPS Ground, Blue Label, Red Label or Priority Mail. It ALL goes out the next day. If you cannot turn around those invoices, then let somebody else show you how to do it.

Faster order processing = faster turns = happier customers = more profit.

Get it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should expect an update from companies but it is not a guarantee. You should be informed if something is out of stock or delayed from your initial order - no question there.

I would not expect delay messages from private sellers but it is warranted in situations where there is a significant delay. I would classify more than 3 business days past the date you were told it would be shipped as significant.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
6Kabrio7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I try to only use paypal with private vendors and bank cards with known online stores. at least with paypal you have a record of your transaction and if they have been with paypal awhile it will say so. I don't think I would recommend money orders or checks to someone if you don't know if you can trust them. I also prefer to only order from stores that always send you tracking info.
therealfrogman
Samba Guitar Hero

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I expect from vendors and sellers is to ship my product within one day of taking my money and or on the specific date that they quote me for a fabricated product.

All of the vendors I have bought from on the samba have done well so far. The one thing that I needed fabbed was a headache. When sellers use wording like "It should go out friday" or "Probably ship tomorrow" it means more like im drinking beer right now and you will get it when you get it.

Really appreciate what Everett has done here. Almost like he hand picked some of you. I am very thankful for all the help I get here.
Just Jake
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mind you things were resolved reluctantly to my satisfaction from the two webstores, however i have still not heard back from the classified advertisers....

why post something for sale if you dont want to sell it?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: