Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

tasb - [email protected] - Tim
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: tasb
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Today
tasb
The Distributor Distributor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: tasb - [email protected] - Tim Reply with quote

Ok, so what i am seeing in the first picture is an oiled distributor shaft wick, oiled cam lobes, oiled ball bearing pivot and oiled point where the vacuum canister pull arm is attached to the points plate. I could have left them all shiny and dry.

Those are German Bosch points and gapped correctly.

Yes the condenser lead wire has been pulled exposing a bit of wire. When did this happen?

The cam lobe has some discoloration even after a light polish. It is not pitted. When I ran the distributor on my Sun Machine it did not show any abnormalities. These would have shown up if the cam was beyond reuse.

The rotor is not cheap as it is a Delco Remy product that I installed because I ran out of NOS Bosch rotors. It has a brass contact on the end of the arm and an aluminum one on the center post.

As far as the picture of the bottom of the housing is concerned the felt inside the housing does not get replaced. They rarely need it. Even after cleaning there will be a tiny bit of old oil and grease near the lubrication hole.

I'm not sure how many restored distributors the original poster or Paul Langlois has seen but again, this distributor was prepared and is still ready to run. At the first post I received with customer dissatisfaction I refunded the customer his money. This reflects a concern for his satisfaction. I HAVE RETURNED HIS PAYMENT BEFORE HE EVEN POSTED SO WHY IS HE STILL COMPLAINING?

This is what a typical old used unrestored distributor looks like before restoration.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

How many hours would it take you to get it looking like this?

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/pix/6723744.jpg

He was charged $200 of which $80 was tune up parts with a points dust cover and @ $15 for shipping.

1965 hardtop Deluxe Microbus owned since 1990 M 620 factory 12 v 1500cc

1961 (October)Single Cab- Road Trip Workhorse

Last edited by tasb on Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:21 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: tasb - [email protected] - Tim Reply with quote

I don't think you could ever get it to look like your linked pic no matter how many hrs. you spend on it.

the one pictured is a cast early one. Shocked your link currently show a late entirely different style aluminum one.. Laughing Laughing Laughing
tasb

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: tasb - [email protected] - Tim Reply with quote

"I don't think you could ever get that distributor to look like your linked pic no matter how many hours you spent on it."

I do it all the time.

The cast distributor was with a pile of coils I bought at a show yesterday and was handy and like I said it is typical of a used core not the exact same distributor, sheesh.

There seems to be a world of hate out there, I guess I am getting my share at the moment. Check my gallery for all the pics of all the different distributors there are out there. Both restored and un-restored. Then report back based on some real knowledge.

Then consider the 7 pages of positive feedback and weigh it out.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:48 am    Post subject: Re: tasb - [email protected] - Tim Reply with quote

tasb wrote:
"I don't think you could ever get that distributor to look like your linked pic no matter how many hours you spent on it."

I do it all the time.

The cast distributor was with a pile of coils I bought at a show yesterday and was handy and like I said it is typical of a used core not the exact same distributor, sheesh.

There seems to be a world of hate out there, I guess I am getting my share at the moment. Check my gallery for all the pics of all the different distributors there are out there. Both restored and un-restored. Then report back based on some real knowledge.

Then consider the 7 pages of positive feedback and weigh it out.

there is no hate my friend, it just seams to be a little bit of smoke and mirrors
going on here.

your buyer is unhappy because what he received didn't look like what he says you represented. regardless of the refund, he posted the experience to make others aware.

you responded with a smoke and mirror picture of a cast iron early tagged distributor stating they start out "like this" and then after many hrs look like your added link.

your link is not a "restored" cast iron tagged distributor. It is an aluminum bodied later model distributor. totally different.
-different vac canister
-different body
-different cam shaft
-different points plate

Hence the "smoke and mirror"

Surely after doing these restorations for so long you should have a before and after pic of the SAME distributor?

That would be a bit more convincing to restore confidence in a buyer.
tasb

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: tasb - [email protected] - Tim Reply with quote

Good morning Paul, I do not take a before/after picture of every distributor that I restore. The link that I provided in the ad is THE distributor that the customer received. consider the picture of the un-restored distributor a stock photo, ok? At the bottom of this post I will provide a picture of the bin of cores that the distributor came out of. Any hobbiest should have a pretty good idea what an un-restored distributor looks like.

Paul, you are not my friend, sorry. I'm not sure why you have chosen to become closely involved in this unnecessary dispute. Feedback is important to me as it effects my household income=that makes it a serious matter for me. You've chosen to critique my pics/ads/posts on TheSamba perhaps you should straighten out your own house? I see that you have 9 pages of classifieds ads. Some of them are duplicates which is against the site rules. You have 401 ads of which 325 do not have ANY pictures attached, Smoke and mirrors?

EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: tasb - [email protected] - Tim Reply with quote

I believe everything has been explained and it was obvious he was posting the "unrestored" distributor as an example.

Let's move on now and leave this between the buyer and seller.

If you are aware of duplicates from a user in the classifieds, any user, please hit report in the ad(s) and report them as duplicates.
This happens sometimes, for various reasons, not all of which are intentional.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
samstheman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: tasb - [email protected] - Tim Reply with quote

Bought used rebuild distributor from Tim good guy to work with exactly what he described. Helpful and a quick ship Thanks
oakman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: tasb - [email protected] - Tim Reply with quote

I bought a nicely restored distributor and an original 6 volt coil for my August 64' bus from Tim. They arrived quickly and very well packed. Tim is very helpful and extremely knowledgeable in this field. I'm glad there are passionate folks like Tim to help us keep our old toys on the road! Thanks again!!
buggingInFL
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: tasb - [email protected] - Tim Reply with quote

Just bought a rebuilt distributor for my 1968 autostick bug from Tim. Everything went smoothly. The distributor arrived quickly and in perfect shape. It is currently on the engine and running flawlessly. I couldn't be happier.

Thanks Tim!
darynoval1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Restored 010 - [email protected] - Tim Reply with quote

Sent an 010 down to Tim, it works great after he restored it. He had a excellent timeline to get the part back to me and was fair on shipping.

Thanks and recommended, D
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kevin77westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: tasb - [email protected] - Tim Reply with quote

Just installed my 2nd rebuilt distributor from Tim, a 205Q DVDA for my 71 bus. Wow! What a difference over my crappy 009 that was only had 22 degrees max advance (which was giving me 8 mpg).. Runs like a different bus - can't wait to see how my mileage increases. Tim was quick to return my emails and I received the distributor quickly. Will not hesitate to buy from him again.
Thanks Tim!
fl59bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: tasb - [email protected] - Tim Reply with quote

Tim helped me greatly with getting my ol' '59 bug with '65 engine to run correctly. Smooth transaction, quick shipping/receipt of parts and great packaging for safe transit of parts. I highly recommend him to anyone needing distributor parts etc!
Z
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: tasb - [email protected] - Tim Reply with quote

Tim sent me a restored 205 distributor that makes the bus run (and look) like it should. Great work, fast shipping and thanks again, Tim!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
El Puerko
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: tasb - [email protected] - Tim Reply with quote

Purchased a rebuilt distributor and it was shipped promptly and it was as described. His prices are reasonable. He even sent pictures.
I hope to do business again in the future.
wdollie6
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: tasb - [email protected] - Tim Reply with quote

Purchased an NOS distributor that Tim had worked up for my 72 Westy, looked great, worked perfectly. Have just shipped him my original for rebuild. Having a backup is never a bad idea.
1972 Westy, Sierra Yellow
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jovanybg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: tasb - [email protected] - Tim Reply with quote

I've got a NOS vacuum canister and old distributor from Tim. All as promised! Nicely packed and shipped quickly! Thanks Tim!
sjbartnik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: tasb - [email protected] - Tim Reply with quote

Bought a 6v coil and a couple other goodies from Tim. Everything was exactly as described, was packed securely and shipped quickly. Thanks Tim!
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: tasb - [email protected] - Tim Reply with quote

Tim strikes again! Great work on the repro of the 205B distributor stickers! They look perfect! Thanks for another nice Samba ad transaction!

Bill Bowman
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
easy e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: tasb - [email protected] - Tim Reply with quote

Tim beautifully restored a 1965 and 019 distributor for me... and provided the curve for the 019.
It's great to have the advance curve on the mechanical advance type, to help set the timing correctly.
I couldn't be happier.
Thank you (again) for such nice work! ... and a quick turn-around time. Smile VW Logo
-Evan
tommu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: tasb - [email protected] - Tim Reply with quote

Great seller. I got exactly what I needed quickly and at a great price.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Page 8 of 11

Jump to: