Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

tasb - [email protected] - Tim
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: tasb
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Today
Munkybugg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: tasb - [email protected] - Tim Reply with quote

I just replaced my old tired 009 dist. with one of Tim's Bosch 019's and wow what a difference. Quality work, good communication and all around good seller and he knows his stuff.
Would definitely buy from him again. Thanks again.

"If you ain't first, your last"
TomAdams
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: tasb - [email protected] - Tim Reply with quote

Great seller and member of The Samba. My genuine, fully restored, 205M is, dare I say, beautiful. High quality work, quick shipping, and knowledgeable and friendly interactions. Great job, Tim, and thank you.
raymilosh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: tasb - [email protected] - Tim Reply with quote

Amazing. I've been driving VW's for 30 years. I have NEVER had a distributor work as well as Tim's restored german SVDA distributor. The timing is dead steady. My truck runs so smoothly. thank you.
Jsbug72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: tasb - [email protected] - Tim Reply with quote

Order'd a 205 F from Tim. It came in today! Man this thing is beautiful for a 50 year old distributor. Absolutely no problems! I hope he gets more stuff I need, so I can buy from him again. Great job Tim!
carmando
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: tasb - [email protected] - Tim Reply with quote

Beautifully restored 010 distributor!
Excellent product and value, secure transaction and shipping, great communication. Tim is a valuable asset to this community.. I'll look forward to buying from him again when the need arises!
hiwaycallin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: tasb - [email protected] - Tim Reply with quote

I just purchased a rebuilt 022 S from Tim. Communication was great, turnaround was quick, and price was very reasonable. Thank you Tim!
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: tasb - [email protected] - Tim Reply with quote

I bought a vacuum canister from Tim. He shipped it quickly and it's perfect.

Thanks Tim

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
johnanddes
Satellite Wrangler

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: tasb - [email protected] - Tim Reply with quote

Just had another flawless transaction with Tim. Bought some NOS points for my 205T and some washers for my 019 screamer. Thanks a lot Tim!

1969 documented numbers matching bug
1968 F250

Keepin the ISS from colliding with space junk
808bays_for_days
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: tasb - [email protected] - Tim Reply with quote

Purchased a refurbished distributor from Tim. It was sent quickly and in great condition. I would definitely buy from Tim again! Very Happy
abranz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: tasb - [email protected] - Tim Reply with quote

Needed a distributor for my 70 beetle. Bought a A1-cardone and sent it back due to excessive vertical and horizontal shaft play. Then I did some research on the samba and ordered one from Tim (tasb). It was lost in the mail. Tracking showed it made it to Spokane, WA but didn’t make the last 70 miles to Idaho where I’m located.
Contacted Tim and he sent me another without charge. This one made it to my home, looked beautiful, and functions perfect in the car. I cannot speak highly enough about his rebuilding service and equally important his integrity. Many thanks.
bnam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: tasb - [email protected] - Tim Reply with quote

I've been trying to contact Tim for a while to buy a distributor he ahs for sale for a friend's Bay window. Any tips on getting in touch with him? Phone number?

Thanks!
1966 Fiat 1500 Cabrio (with 1600 Twin cam)
1952 Citroen TA 11BL
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: tasb - [email protected] - Tim Reply with quote

I haven't emailed him a while but sometimes he takes a while to respond.

I think his location in the mountains doesn't always have great internet?
(I may have made that in in my head as a theory though)

He might be at the El Prado campout this week too
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bnam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: tasb - [email protected] - Tim Reply with quote

Thanks Everett. Will wait.
1966 Fiat 1500 Cabrio (with 1600 Twin cam)
1952 Citroen TA 11BL
VWsArent4Hippies
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: tasb - [email protected] - Tim Reply with quote

I had a somewhat frustrating experience dealing with Tim. I bought a restored distributor, tune up parts, and vacuum line from him. The package was initially sent to the wrong address, because it was written wrong on the box. After tracking it down, I double checked the PayPal transaction, which confirmed I listed the correct address. Ok, mistakes happen. Upon opening the box, there was no vacuum line, or hose ends for it. I contacted Tim, and he had no idea what he even sent me. He then sent me another package with the missing line. Upon installation, I noticed a hole in the vacuum line. It had obviously been wire wheeled/ cleaned up, and the hole was not hard to see. I contacted Tim again (with a photo) about the defective part, and received no apology, or offer to send a replacement. He did send a refund for the line, but some acknowledgment would have been nice.

I doubt I will purchase from Tim again in the future. 15 emails back and forth about a $180 transaction is not worth my time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
volkz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: tasb - [email protected] - Tim Reply with quote

picked up a great restored 113 905 205m from Tim. engine now runs like a dream with the proper distributor. Fast shipping to Canada as well.

thanks
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: tasb - [email protected] - Tim Reply with quote

Tim was great. Fast shipping and a good deal. Thank You Tim
EugeneM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: tasb - [email protected] - Tim Reply with quote

Bought a rebuilt hard to find 131 905 205 for my 66 bus from Tim. It was clean, in excellent condition, and with all required parts included. It came ready to install with the points/dwell already set. It replaced a Brazilian 009 centrifugal I had been living with for over 19 years. Immediate improvement. No more flat spot. I had forgotten how much better the engine runs with the proper distributor.

Excellent service and shipping.

Appreciate your work, Tim. So glad you provide another option besides poorly made imports.

-Eugene
rlmartinez
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: tasb - [email protected] - Tim Reply with quote

Bought an air cleaner. great communication and very easy to work with
brickfishing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: tasb - [email protected] - Tim Reply with quote

I bought a NOS Hella VW license plate lens for my popes nose on my '57 Oval from Tim. He was very easy to deal with and I had a great experience. I highly recommend him as a seller. Looking forward to having him rebuild my distributor next.

Thanks Tim! Very Happy

Best regards,

Bill Barbato in NJ
robin.richard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: tasb - [email protected] - Tim Reply with quote

I recently purchased a rebuilt 1500 bus distributor from Tim. Installed it and noticed a improvement in my engine's performance right away. I had been running a proper distributor before but it was worn. Now I going to send this old one to Tim for a rebuild and use it as a spare. Thanks Tim!

-Rich
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: