Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Suspension
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hercules
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:07 pm    Post subject: Suspension Reply with quote

Hello M8s. I just purchased a major winner (74 THING). I found it in a garage in Key Largo with a whopping 37K original miles.

All is well up top but the suspension needs a solid revamp.

Can I?
- Sandblast spindles, control Arms and front axle beam

- Rely on used suspension components

Do I?
-Put POD-15 on the suspension components or leave the POD for the pans only..what do I spray and what do I not spray

The used parts section of this site has a front-end suspension package...any comments?

The pans are premo and I want this suspension done right. You guys seem to be the pros.

I am looking for a manual so I can learn part names a little better. Also, I consider myself mech. inclined, but I've never changed a 1600cc or VW motor's oil.
I'll post some pics of this gem..a killer find after a year of looking and haggling with people.
monster bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey sounds like you got a good deal . the sand blasting part you can do it if you tape up the bearing surfaces real good there has been a lot of conflict over por 15 go to there web site and also go to zero rust web sight I think the zero rust is a better deal 2000hour salt spray test and its cheaper than por15 $36.00 a gallon vers $31.00 a pint . get the vw idiots guid and a bently you will be alright
but do the reserch on por and zero rust good luck !!!!!!!!!!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: