Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Beetle Mex
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
otbiker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:31 am    Post subject: Beetle Mex Reply with quote

It appears that Miguel has closed the doors. I ordered an antenna a couple of weeks that never arrived. I emailed him and he said it was shipping that day.

Long story short, the website doesn't exist this morning. He didn't charge my credit card though...
Rick73Super
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as of Sept. 24, 2004 http://btlmex.com/ is up and running
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Btlmex
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:09 pm    Post subject: Btlemex is not Closed Reply with quote

I am sorry to inform you that we are not closed. It is just taking us a little bit longer to deliver since orders have been low. It costs a lot of money to import a few parts. We import everything from Mexico, we want to continue to sell original parts. I would like to inform you that we are not going broke. We have several VW dealerships in Mexico which are thriving. We have a great love for the beetle and as long as we find people interested in buying beetle parts, we will continue to do so, but if you want us to go away, it is just a matter of asking us, and we will just turn the page off. I really like bugs, and want to help people who do so aswell. Please send me an e-mail when you guys get fed up whith us and want us to go away, and we will.

Friendly Regards,

Miguel
Rick73Super
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully Btlmex will continue to offer their selection of parts to the VW community.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jeremysmithatshawdotca
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miguel, I think there is definitely a niche for you to fill in the U.S. market, so carry on, but you WILL need to grow some thicker skin. The original poster wasn't really even too hard on you at all, more of a comment than a rant. You may face worse in the future, but hopefully you'll get more raves if you do a good job, and communicate with your customers! Keep them in the loop, and they'll give you the support you need to suceed!

Good luck,

Jeremy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TWD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still "waiting" for parts that I ordered over a year ago. OK, not waiting any longer. I even called Miguel twice and talked to him. Still no parts. Then, about a month ago I really needed something that I could only find from him. I crossed my fingers and ordered. I had everything in a week. Go figure.
otbiker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:17 am    Post subject: My apologies... Reply with quote

Miguel,

After my order never came, I checked out the website. That day, the site provided an error that the "page not found". I could only assume at the time that you closed up shop.

Though this was my first order from you, the Mexi-Beetle I recently purchased, and another Mexi-Beetle, were purchased from you by the previous owner. For $25000.00, I thought I deserved an email reply...
Delaware Dave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered a couple of seals and a few small items from www.btlmex.com about a month ago. These items were said to be "in stock", however I haven't gotten them yet. I Emailed Miguel, and he told me that things were slow but I'll be getting them soon. That was over a week ago. I understand that it's the Holiday season, but I'd like the order filled.

Maybe things are slow because people aren't getting their orders filled, ya know?

'71 Standard Beetle Project
'69 Type 3 fastback (sold), '65 Standard Beetle (sold),
'05 Passat 1.8 Turbo, '97 Jetta Tdi (sold)
Delaware Dave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a month, and still no response. I've Emailed Miquel, and still no response. I'm kind wishing I didn't order online with my credit card number... Sad

6d7vdub
Samba Slacker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like Miguel only ships items out when he has "enough" orders to ship out. So if you order 1 item, and no other items are ordered from him, he just decides to sit on it until he has "enough" to ship? Wow, that is pretty shitty service.

Sadie's Site

http://positivepause.com
Delaware Dave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be fine if he'd give us some feedback. Right now I don't know what the status of my order is. That's lousy service!

keifernet
Samba Search & Rescue

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Btlemex is not Closed Reply with quote

Btlmex wrote:
I am sorry to inform you that we are not closed. It is just taking us a little bit longer to deliver since orders have been low. It costs a lot of money to import a few parts. We import everything from Mexico, we want to continue to sell original parts. I would like to inform you that we are not going broke. We have several VW dealerships in Mexico which are thriving. We have a great love for the beetle and as long as we find people interested in buying beetle parts, we will continue to do so, but if you want us to go away, it is just a matter of asking us, and we will just turn the page off. I really like bugs, and want to help people who do so aswell. Please send me an e-mail when you guys get fed up whith us and want us to go away, and we will.

Friendly Regards,

Miguel

Well his one and only post here was this... so don't bitch too loud he may close up shop! Rolling Eyes :scrambleup:
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
damicotile
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:10 am    Post subject: Re: Btlemex is not Closed Reply with quote

[quote="keifernet"]
Btlmex wrote:

Friendly Regards,

Miguel

I find this so funny. Selling parts on the net reaches so many people and when used right can make someone with the right product rich. It just amazes me how people screw that up.
Silicon bronze sleeves
Scat 1.25:1
CB H-Beams
Straight cuts
42x37 Steve Tims
44 IDF's
9.2:1
A-1 Sidewinder coated

Samba Search & Rescue

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't that the truth damicotile...

I think Jeremy summed it up best right off the bat... to bad Miguel can't find the time to respond to customers in a timely manner, let alone post another... "just tell me and I'll close shop" post in this forum.

I'll bet a banner ad or a featured ad would get him some orders flowing.

jeremysmithatshawdotca wrote:
Miguel, I think there is definitely a niche for you to fill in the U.S. market, so carry on, but you WILL need to grow some thicker skin. The original poster wasn't really even too hard on you at all, more of a comment than a rant. You may face worse in the future, but hopefully you'll get more raves if you do a good job, and communicate with your customers! Keep them in the loop, and they'll give you the support you need to suceed!

Good luck,

Jeremy
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bruce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most prevalent thing to learn about dealing with anything in Mexico is there's never a hurry to do anything.

When I go to Mazatlan, I always have a list of parts to buy at the VW dealer. A couple of years ago I wanted to buy all the seatbelts for a friend to install in his 71 here. I went into the dealer and I explained how I wanted up upgrade an old car with new belts, so we got the book out and listed all the parts needed for the conversion. I paid my deposit and they placed the order with the factory. He said it would take a week. I go back and he had everything, but only one of each, not two. So I order again, and this time he said it would take 10 days. Why??? Because they only place an order with the factory on Fridays, and the day I was there was Saturday. So I had to wait 6 days for the guy to even submit the order!!! This is how Mexico operates. Incomprehensible for us, but perfectly normal for them.
I don't know Miguel, never talked to him or bought parts from him, but part of the problem getting parts from btlmex is the fact that you are dealing with the culture of Mexico.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Antonio Trejo
VW Parts Dealer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:01 pm    Post subject: Culture of Mexico? Reply with quote

"Culture of Mexico"? I do not what are you talking about... I get parts from Volkswagen Mexico factory in only 24 hours and I send them to USA, Germany, Canada or UK at same day, this is how Mexico operates, this is the way how Parts VW operates.
The rule is easy: is you are looking for VW parts from Mexico, buy in Parts VW.

Antonio Trejo

Parts VW
Mexico City

"From Volkswagen Mexico factory..."
Genuine VW Ultima Edition parts
Genuine VW Type 2 watercooled parts
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Rick73Super
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and the link to Parts VW?
Antonio Trejo
VW Parts Dealer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Link to Parts VW Reply with quote

This is my link:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=84077

e-mail: [email protected]

Antonio Trejo

Parts VW
"From Volkswagen Mexico factory..."
Genuine VW Ultima Edition parts
Genuine VW Type 2 watercooled parts
dstefun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And it looks like people are happy with you, Antonio. Keep up the good work!
Wink
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=101169
Delaware Dave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Emailed Miguel today and had him cancel my order. I got confirmation this afternoon on the cancel. That was the fastest response I ever got from him, usually take days for a return Email.

From now on, I am going to assume that BTLMEX is an obsolete link, and the store is closed. What a waste of time. I was planning several purchases from him, I'm just glad he didn't run my card. Crying or Very sad

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: