Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Rick's selling his Split!
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hornman
Samba Soul Surfer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: Rick's selling his Split! Reply with quote

Dang! I haven't been on TheSamba all that much; this is probably old news. This is one sweet Split:
[img]http://thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=100806[/img]
Good luck Rick
Andrew
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd kill to have that engine...
jeremyrockjock
Samba Towbar Builder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=100806
I thought he was selling it like a year ago.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jeremyrockjock
Samba Towbar Builder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew wrote:
I'd kill to have that engine...

Who would you kill? Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VWBobby
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This bus is the one that I use for inspiration.... its a nice bus indeed. I Love the colors and the engine. Drool
66split
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha..geez michael where you been man? Yeah..selling it. Motor is def killer. lots of torque!!! Guy came over from england last week and drove it. Looks like we are shipping it back there after cameron puts on porsche disk brakes...

jer, i was thinking about it last year but didnt. I didnt think itd get so much interest so i put it up now expecting it to sit til spring but i did get alot of emails and inquiries.

Thanksbobby, i used Rizzags for inspiration! People on here kinda freak on the paint but i have had tons of complements on it from all kinds of people that have seen it in person.

Was gonna buy a house and a another dub but some stuff has come up since yesterday and changed alot of things..r
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VWBobby
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats true, I could see how the purists would freak at the paint, but you know what? That bus is so tastefully done and so unique that it goes against the grain for customs (usually they have something hacked or some weird color combination that are ugly). You didn't do anything disgraceful to this bus. One day I was searching through the gallery to get ideas for a color combination. I was looking for a Dark Silver over Charcoal grey (bottom) and saw this bus and said "damn that is almost EXACTLY what I was looking for!" and realized that you also didn't skimp on the engine....thats where I really like to put my personal touch on a vehicle. While you're doing a Type 1 (inside joke) I have a lot of respect for the design, etc. Too bad it will be overseas before I could see it in person Sad Very cool ride Rick!

-Bobby
6D2
SBS Hit Squad

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that bus was one of the few that my blood boiling for a project... I spoke with Rick a couple of times when I frist became a member on the site... I saw his BEAUTIFUL Bus go up for sale and was like HOLY CRAP!! nice ride and congrads on the sale, hope things work out for the best..
The SBS #62

Red Hot Ad Specialties & Stuff...
Shirts and hoodies for shows or clubs.. we ship world wide...
www.pottymouthpromos.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Hornman
Samba Soul Surfer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"haha..geez michael where you been man?"

I know, I've been slacking! At work, I've moved to our main shop and there's far less free time Cool

So, the motor worked out good? Cool. Yah, I was happy with Chico as well. Hope the changes that have come up work out fine for you.
Dwayne Pipe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm the guy Rick sold the van to.

Just to keep you in the picture, Cameron has the bus at the moment.

He's adding vented, cross drilled Porsche 944 discs all around, He's making a custom rack & Pinion steering system with 1 3/4 turns for full lock. A berg locking shifter is to be added, plus, we're bagging her! Fully independant, remotely operated air-ride system with an expected rise time of well under 1 second!!

I quite like the idea of adding a 40" plasma too Wink
travelvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Props to Ryan Short at Short's Euro Custom for the killer paint job! This is Kevin down in Springfield, MO. Hope all is well, Rick!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: