Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

M A Motorworks????
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
keifernet
Samba Search & Rescue

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: M A Motorworks???? Reply with quote

I got the new MA Motorworks catalog in the mail the other day...

anyone else? Pretty much a reprint of the old RMM catalog without the color... not much like the old Mid America catalog at all though?

So who has ordered from them yet or recently?

Does anyone know or should I say who thinks they have anything in stock?

And what kind of quality could any of it be?
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few months ago i spoke to the customer service staff about what's 'going on. I was told it will take a number of months to combine both catalogs and both wharehouses. But they are in business and plan on taking the best of both companies.

I've made a few purchases and have had no problems.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vdubrida70
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i ordered from the real source, but this was about a year ago before they joined but i got fast shipping and good customer service.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cswi9367
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MA-M is the real source, just renamed. they have a tremendous facility, and a great staff. ive ordered from them, no problems, and quick delivery.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
timp
Samba Amish Rep

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, what cswi9367 and vdubrida70 said. Tis just the real source renamed, and The Real Source was one of my favorite companies to get parts from... they were always helpful, always in stock, and everything was honky dory.
turboblue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cswi9367 wrote:
MA-M is the real source, just renamed. they have a tremendous facility, and a great staff. ive ordered from them, no problems, and quick delivery.

Traitor Shocked Very Happy Laughing J/K...........

I've heard they are decent people to deal with too. They support the VW clubs too. That's a plus.

Turbo VW Sand Drag Buggy

"If you don't run into the Devil every once in awhile, you must be going in the same direction!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cswi9367
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha....ive heard they have the best prices on towbars you will ever find.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gerg
a.k.a. 6volt65

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not long ago I got a MAM catalog in the mail and ran through it. Found several items I needed and went to the site to order.On their site you can serch by catalog number, but out of 13 or so parts only 1 number was recognized. I thought it was pretty crumy at the time, but now I've seen a few posts about how they are combining companies and how they have several semis worth of parts to unload and catalog from RMM. I also got their corvette catalog somehow Surprised

. . . I got 99 problems and my bus ain't one . . .

'65 Sunroof Beetle
'65 Vert
'60 Singlecab
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
timp
Samba Amish Rep

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know, honestly gblakaney, you freighten me. not sure if it's the clever wit you have about you, or if it's the avatar you use, but something says you can't be trusted.
Laughing Razz Wink
gerg
a.k.a. 6volt65

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahahahaah - well at least you are honest! I just have a thing for freaky avatars . . . should be no trust issues though Cool

. . . I got 99 problems and my bus ain't one . . .

'65 Sunroof Beetle
'65 Vert
'60 Singlecab
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Air-Cooled Head
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awhile back, they said they'd alternate between catalogs. I just hope they carry the T3 stuff that RMMW carried.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
keifernet
Samba Search & Rescue

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was announced back in March I think that MA bought up the troubled RMMW and I heard all about the time it would take to get the RMM stock to MA's main warehouse yada yada... I had ordered from RMMW alot back in the late 90's and early 00 and 01 but have not ordered anything from them or from the new MA.

Seems like at first they always had what I needed, maybe a few small parts were BO but they arrived pretty quick, then it seems they were real hit and miss, the commercial sales guy I dealt with left and I got a different person every time I called and the price break I got was less and less... ( typical of a company in trouble I presume) So I quit ordering from them.

Like I said the catalog seems to be the same as the old RMMW and I was just checking to see who had ordered recently... Glenn I guess your the only one saying you have ordered recently?

They show alot of stuff in the catalog, I'm just wondering what their actual stock/inventory is. I would like to try and get a big order for a couple of cars at once and not have to ( or at least as little as possible) deal with alot of back orders and track down small parts that they don't have or cant' get in time from other vendors.

I know... I know... Rolling Eyes Nowdays that's asking alot! Laughing Wink
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DSF
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too friggin expensive. Compare their parts catalog with some of the other big boys. Just about everything is available cheaper from other vendors, and the price difference on some stuff is just amazing.
MR VW
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSF wrote:
Too friggin expensive. Compare their parts catalog with some of the other big boys. Just about everything is available cheaper from other vendors, and the price difference on some stuff is just amazing.

I agree 110%!

EVERYBODY else is alot cheaper.

WANTED! Formula Vee Accessories!
NorCalLowLife209
Mr. Saran Wrap

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya MAM is real sorce, im sure they have great quality, but pricy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
orangebug60guy
Twin #1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just ordered a new exaust from them 2 days ago. It is more expensive, but better quality.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: