Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Help....need Thing parts!!!
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackq
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:57 am    Post subject: Help....need Thing parts!!! Reply with quote

Recently picked up a 74 Thing from a guy who showed up at my VW repair shop wvaing a connecting rod saying he needed parts. Was a local rancher, had some noises and took the engine apart. Being it wasn't a John Deere...he was lost. I asked him if he wanted parts...or did he want to run away from it. It now is sitting in my shop with a completely rebuilt engine..all lites work, came with new brakes tires and a bunch of other stuff. Has zero rust but is missing the top frame, rear fenders and front bumper. Top frame is the most important..rest I can survive without for a while. Any and all leads would be greatly appreciated. My wife says she'll ride in it(we used to own one in SC 30 years ago) MY two adult children said they'd change their names and have plastic surgery if I ever pull up to their homes in it. They both have air cooled..daughter has a rst custom 74 bug, son has a 75 Porsche 911S. Thx for any help. Jack
keifernet
Samba Search & Rescue

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you checked the classifieds on this site? There are some parts listed and maybe some not listed... You can place a "wanted" ad too! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
7thing3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.thingsunlimited.net

www.thethingshop.com
'84 Mercedes 280 CE
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
radioman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack... Are you still in SC? Location would be helpful. I know of a 73 parts car in Columbia, SC.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: