Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Yet another Fatchick question
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
grantsbeetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:26 am    Post subject: Yet another Fatchick question Reply with quote

I am trying to get my bug to run really well Confused , that is why I am asking so much but anyways, I have a 34 pict 3 carburetor on my fatchick right now that i rebuilt earlier this summer, and well to be honest i do not think i ever got it tunned right Sad . Does anyone have any tips on tunning carburters that do not require fancy tools, because I do not have any Embarassed .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Cobey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May be of some help

Make sure you check out the air leakage bit.

Home Solar Power
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VW Tazz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check yer dizzy While your down there.
If you can afford it a new Solex is cheap and don't forget about the solinoid on the side.
Silver '02 Turbo S
79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This weekend I tuned my car and then took it on the road with my tools to a secluded road with lots of places to turn off. Drove, stopped, adjusted (mostly the timing and idle), drove, stopped, adjusted, over and over until I got it right. Best way IMO to get the car set up correctly.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: