Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

best carbs for1776cc square?
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jon lauzon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:00 am    Post subject: best carbs for1776cc square? Reply with quote

i was just wondering what you all thought is the best choice for carbs on a 1776 in a square. ive had a couple of bad 34 webers. just didnt seem to work right. thanks for your input
69sqbck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:04 am    Post subject: carbs Reply with quote

Need some engine info: what cam; rockers; distributor etc... are you running. I am running dual weber 34 ict carbs on my 1776 square but had to re-jet them to get them right.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jon lauzon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have not built the engine yet. but most likley it will be a stock cam, crank and heads. i just am getting every thing all together now. thanks
69sqbck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:49 am    Post subject: carbs Reply with quote

Jon:

This is what I ended up doing to get the carbs running right on my 1776. Keep in mind that my engine setup is different than yours.
Finally, success!!! After a long and cold winter I have gotten around to jetting my dual 34ict's. I have seen many posts here about what size jets to run so here is what I found. 1776 engine, 041 heads (40 intake 35.5 exhaust valves, semi-hemi cut, 7.8 to 1 C/R, dual high rev springs, stock rockers, stock fuel pump, .009 distributor, engle 110 cam. I am running the stock F78 emulsion tubes, stock .50mm pump jets, stock .40mm pump exhaust valves, stock 1.75mm needle valve and stock 1.60mm air corrector jet. The changes are as follows: removed the stock .52mm idle jets and installed .55mm idle jets, removed the stock 1.30mm main jets and installed 1.40mm main jets. The car is driven at 1305 foot elevation. The improvement is very noticable, she runs like a champ now. No stumble through the entire power band. Hope this helps anyone having a problem with jetting.
1969 Type 3 Fastback
(o)\|/(o) Sole Designs, VW Restorations, Savannah, GA
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
63SunNotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up some 40 dual webers from CB Performance with the short manifolds for type 3. I'm running a 1776 engine in my Notchback.

LadyVW wrote
Yes, my snatch wears a sweater and looks like a chihuahua.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jon lauzon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

would i be able to put on 40 kadrons with short manifolds? i have these already, but set up for a bus.
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, the carbs are too tall. If you cut out the deck floor, then you can use them. Rolling Eyes
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
"Friends are God's way of apologizing for relatives."
Tram wrote:
People keep confusing "restored" and "restroyed".
chillz1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, a set of Dellorto 36DRLA's would be about perfect for that engine.

http://www.animalsintheattic.com

Click to view image
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: