Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

New fuse Block
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Terran
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:41 am    Post subject: New fuse Block Reply with quote

I would really love to change out that old fuse block that i'd be surprised i could even get fuses for a newer 'blade' type fuse block, anybody know any good sources and/or any tips?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
71VOTB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you. I found a few "generic" blocks online that went up to six fuses. I figure I could use 2 of them and wire it out from there. Then I'd thought I'd check out the local Fleet Farm since they have a lot of stuff like this for farmers to fix stuff and was surprised that they had a full line of the old ceramic fuses that the old box needed anyway. In any case, seeing that old fuses were still available (I even saw them at Wal-Mart) I figured I may just as replace my burned-up one with another stock VW part. I don't have a current picture, but this is what I started with.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Last edited by 71VOTB on Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
TeamSpatula
Samba In The Rain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your local Advance Auto or similar place should have generic fuse blocks.
However, there are PLENTY of places that sell the old fuses, so if that's your only reason, I'd suggest not worrying about it. The headache you incur rewiring all that will not be worth the ease of new fuses.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
UncleBob
Grease Midget

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

That brings back memories of my first beetle. I actually went through the trouble of cutting the Reynolds Wrap into different 'butterfly' shapes for different amperage requirements. And never carried a fire extinguisher either. Good times!

www.delcity.net is a good source for anything electrical, including aftermarket blade-type fuse blocks.

https://www.delcity.net/tstore/servlet/pagebuilder?frame=catalog_browse&parentid=10823&page=1

don't worry, the ciggaret is fake.
bikeworx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i picked up 2 5-slot blade style fuse blocks from autozone for my beetle.........not installed yet, but they are rather nice and i can rarely find the old vw type fuses around here.

should compliment my bugpack wiring harness rather nice..........but i was actually suprised the Bugpack wiring harness didn't come with the newer spade style Sad
1974 Beetle project
Terran
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i mean i have a box of those old fuses (looks like it's from the 70's) but with the amount of wireing i do with my bug it'd be nice to have the peace of mind (and convience (and looks)) that the blade type gives you.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: