Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Izz's Safari Windows - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Jessica01
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: February 06, 2013
bigboy408
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are trying to speed up the process of making the windows. I spoke to KMF and assured him that we would ship his windows out soon. We are trying to speed up the making of windows and by next year we will have a much faster turn around rate. As for Blindkarma, I tried to recover his money through UPS and they would only refund 12o dollars back. We delayed in shipment but we shiped the windows out and we are sorry thing didn't work out. Izz is personaly handeling this problem.
KMF
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigboy408 wrote:
We are trying to speed up the process of making the windows. I spoke to KMF and assured him that we would ship his windows out soon.

Bump.....
Received my windows Wed 12/19... unwrapped the nicely bubblewrapped package to find a chip in powdercoat. Spoke to Jessica and we have come to an agreement on a discounted price. I'm happy to have my windows and will be installing them next week sometime. I appreciate Jessica's quick responses in the past week. Her customer service skills are great! Just maybe I'll continue business with Izz's Cool
Kenny SBS#69
'59 Bus | '56 Oval
www.steeringboxscrapers.net
Behemoth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

down and dirty wrote:
dave above informed me that stainless will rust and powder coating is not a very effective barrier. So what dave said is all stainless will rust and I should try making a set myself if I am going to bitch.

Dave is 100% correct. Stainless will indeed rust.
Empicollector
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Izz still selling sarfari windows? any problems with delivery? How long does it take to receive? have the quality problems been corrected--THX
Empicollector
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My izz safari windows to be delivered some time today---------
---------Ordered April 18 2009----received Jan 22--2010---fast turnaround Rolling Eyes
crusty67t2
Trailer Park King

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered my safaris 4/20 got them yesterday 5/27. I had email updates from Jessica throughout the entire transaction. I ordered the stainless set with the green glass. They were so much nicer than I expected, the fit and finish is outstanding. I have installed a few different sets of safaris and these are as nice as the C.E ones imo. well worth the wait! I will order again with out hesitation!
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was somewhat local and we went down and picked up 2 sets in person. Izz himself built them in front of us, meaning all of the frame pieces were apart, and on shelves, along with the glass and all the rubber. He put them all together right in front of us, fitting them on a bus in his shop, before locking down the screws and dabbing paint on the heads.

The quality - what can I say? These are the best safari windows available. The customer service? For us, it was excellent.

I would buy them again over anything else. Get the green tint, it's barely noticeable, and is much better to look through
matthewak47
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:19 am    Post subject: Windows Reply with quote

I sent my money 2 weeks ago on 1/27 and should be getting my windows in 2 more weeks. I will post feedback of it all to let all know how this turns out. Question
matthewak47
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Windows Reply with quote

matthewak47 wrote:
I sent my money 2 weeks ago on 1/27/12 and should be getting my windows in 2 more weeks. I will post feedback of it all to let all know how this turns out. Question

Talked to Jessica 2/20/12 and she told me she will be sending out pics of the progress by the end of the week.Will let you know more when I know more.
matthewak47
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: Windows Reply with quote

matthewak47 wrote:
matthewak47 wrote:
I sent my money 2 weeks ago on 1/27/12 and should be getting my windows in 2 more weeks. I will post feedback of it all to let all know how this turns out. Question

Talked to Jessica 2/20/12 and she told me she will be sending out pics of the progress by the end of the week.Will let you know more when I know more.

On Feb 26 Jessica sent me pics of the progress. Its looking good but she also said they are running a little late on them all so I am hoping to get them in the next 2 week. I will keep posting info as it comes along.
gbsmallie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Izzs stuff is worth the wait. Besides, sometimes fishing really IS more important than work! Wink
matthewak47
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: Windows Reply with quote

matthewak47 wrote:
matthewak47 wrote:
matthewak47 wrote:

On Feb 26 Jessica sent me pics of the progress. Its looking good but she also said they are running a little late on them all so I am hoping to get them in the next 2 week. I will keep posting info as it comes along.

Got a email from Jessica today 03/26/20012 and she said she may have the windows shipped by the end of the week. Very Happy
More info to come by the end of the week.
matthewak47
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:56 am    Post subject: Re: Windows Reply with quote

matthewak47 wrote:
matthewak47 wrote:
matthewak47 wrote:
matthewak47 wrote:

Got a email from Jessica today 03/26/20012 and she said she may have the windows shipped by the end of the week. Very Happy
More info to come by the end of the week.

I got my windows in today and have to say WOW!!!!
I love them they are great all there and look just Great.
Not a long wait at all for something this nice thanks again if you need windows go with this man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy
IN2RUST
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered 3 sets of safari's and paid 1/27/12, it is now 5/22/12. I needed them for a couple of buses, as there is a show this coming weekend in sacramento. I was quoted 6-8 weeks. It is now in the 16th week.

I have always been told that izz safai's are superb quality. I have ordered from wolfgang before and they are @ my house the next day when i wake up.

Hopefully this gets resolved quick and they ship out, as now I have to order a set of stock seals, so I can have windows for the show.

I will update this when I recieve them. Sad
Spezialist
Banned

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't rush perfection, that being said, Between feeding the piranhas, catching Bass, having a life, guys gotta build Windows.
Don't worry, Izz iz a stand-up guy.
Have I mentioned the near perfect reproduction?
One of these dayz he may make me a pair, if I end up keeping a bus that long. Wink
nuckled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered and paid on 1/27 as well and still haven't received any windows. Multiple emails and was told that they would ship out at different times. Received a call from Izz last Friday and was told that they would be done with production and start shipping out today.

I was originally told that they would take 90 days.
hardtime
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: ISW Windows Reply with quote

I to have purchased a set of windows in feb and have not receved them yet. Its now the end of june and wondering if i ever will. The e-mails i get say that are goin out next week but still no windows. Just NOT GOOD BUSINESS where i come from.
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The great thing about Izz is his attention to quality standards. If a batch of frames is ready for glass- yet the latch mounts when test fitted are below his standard for tolerance, etc. (which could result in broken latches), then the production of the entire window is delayed. He wants to only produce the best quality he can. As far as I know- he is the only manufacturer of safaris that bear HIS name... Frustrating time frame perhaps (I waited a few months too), but patience truly does pay off when a set of his safaris arrives at your door.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
hardtime
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, i will wait for a little longer. Was just getting worred.
IN2RUST
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just updating the time it has taken. I ordered 1/27/12 and it is now 6/30/12. That is over 5 months. I understand he had alot of orders, but I would think 5 months + is a little long to wait. I have been really patient, and when I do email Jessica, she is pretty quick to respond. I have been told a couple of times now, that they would ship "next week", within the last 6 weeks. Hopefully I get my Windows next week. I will update this thread, when I recieve them.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: