Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Shasta Snow Trip Official Thread
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 450, 451, 452, 453  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
sgellis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: 2018 Shasta Snow Trip: CA & OR: Thursday, Feb. 1st. Time: 0420 Reply with quote

AS350driver wrote:
Any updates ? Rumors are that a bus ended up on its side

Apparently one fell over but was put back on its feet, fixed and on one its way again. Hopefully the story shows up here.
The Nova Scotian Barndoor (YouTube)
The Nova Scotian Barndoor (CAD drawings)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
plane_ben
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: 2018 Shasta Snow Trip: CA & OR: Thursday, Feb. 1st. Time: 0420 Reply with quote

There are some good pictures and account on insta gram if you follow Kustom Coach Werks. Also a Thread on KCW by John Jones of his trip out to Shasta from Colorado.
AS350driver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: 2018 Shasta Snow Trip: CA & OR: Thursday, Feb. 1st. Time: 0420 Reply with quote

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1441919735935468&id=100003523656958
joe cool
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: 2018 Shasta Snow Trip: CA & OR: Thursday, Feb. 1st. Time: 0420 Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: 2018 Shasta Snow Trip: CA & OR: Thursday, Feb. 1st. Time: 0420 Reply with quote

Kristen did an outstanding job with this video. I hope it's OK to post here. @ 2:17 I was so surprised to see them make it through that flooded out section of the road without bogging down.

Link

www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
matthew henricks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: 2018 Shasta Snow Trip: CA & OR: Thursday, Feb. 1st. Time: 0420 Reply with quote

Man that looked fun. OK. Cold and fun.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
junichi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: 2018 Shasta Snow Trip: CA & OR: Thursday, Feb. 1st. Time: 0420 Reply with quote

Great job on the video for sure. Thanks for sharing.
VWHotSauce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: 2018 Shasta Snow Trip: CA & OR: Thursday, Feb. 1st. Time: 0420 Reply with quote

What's the details on this trip? I have a couple ugly busted buses I would love to beat the hell out of on a trip like this? Splits only? Can bays come? When is the 2020 trip taking place? Hopefully, I'll be back from Afghanistan to do the trip.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rustybus
Shasta Snow Trip Newt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: 2018 Shasta Snow Trip: CA & OR: Thursday, Feb. 1st. Time: 0420 Reply with quote

Split window only, no bays. I don't know the exact date, but generallyit is the first week of February.

VWHotSauce wrote:
What's the details on this trip? I have a couple ugly busted buses I would love to beat the hell out of on a trip like this? Splits only? Can bays come? When is the 2020 trip taking place? Hopefully, I'll be back from Afghanistan to do the trip.

www.rustybus.com www.shastasnowtrip.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: 2018 Shasta Snow Trip: CA & OR: Thursday, Feb. 1st. Time: 0420 Reply with quote

rustybus wrote:
Split window only, no bays. I don't know the exact date, but generallyit is the first week of February.

VWHotSauce wrote:

Rules in first post on page one.

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: 2018 Shasta Snow Trip: CA & OR: Thursday, Feb. 1st. Time: 0420 Reply with quote

Looked like some of the best weather yet. Cool

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
Alan Brase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: 2018 Shasta Snow Trip: CA & OR: Thursday, Feb. 1st. Time: 0420 Reply with quote

I saw no report at all in theSamba about the 2019 Snow trip. Was there a trip? or have you abandoned TheSamba for the FB venue?
Or is the SST in the past?
Al
To New owners: 1969 doublecab, 1971 Dormobile
Vanagons:
80 P27 Westy JUL 1979, 3rd oldest known US
83 1.6TD Vanagon, 87 Wolfie Westy daily driver, swap meet home
rustybus
Shasta Snow Trip Newt

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: 2018 Shasta Snow Trip: CA & OR: Thursday, Feb. 1st. Time: 0420 Reply with quote

Alan Brase wrote:
I saw no report at all in theSamba about the 2019 Snow trip. Was there a trip? or have you abandoned TheSamba for the FB venue?
Al

We are still on the 2019 trip, lost in the woods. Please send food.

Alan Brase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: 2018 Shasta Snow Trip: CA & OR: Thursday, Feb. 1st. Time: 0420 Reply with quote

rustybus wrote:
Alan Brase wrote:
Al

Perhaps a crash course to become Jeremiah Johnson? Apparently tho lost, you have internet connectivity?
Incredible.
To New owners: 1969 doublecab, 1971 Dormobile
Vanagons:
80 P27 Westy JUL 1979, 3rd oldest known US
83 1.6TD Vanagon, 87 Wolfie Westy daily driver, swap meet home
derRHDmeister
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: 2018 Shasta Snow Trip: CA & OR: Thursday, Feb. 1st. Time: 0420 Reply with quote

Alan Brase wrote:
rustybus wrote:
Alan Brase wrote:
Al

Perhaps a crash course to become Jeremiah Johnson? Apparently tho lost, you have internet connectivity?
Incredible.

Did you watch Murder Mountain on Netflix? Some of us are held hostage in a vast smuggling network, so lowdown is necessary. Except for our decoy Rustybus. Wink

unclespanky wrote:
Piercy could dip those wheel cylinders between his cheek and gums and spit them out rebuilt.

Check us out @
Instagram: DeafVolks & BarndoorBuggy
rustybus
Shasta Snow Trip Newt

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: 2018 Shasta Snow Trip: CA & OR: Thursday, Feb. 1st. Time: 0420 Reply with quote

I'm always the decoy. I can be in the middle of a string of 20 ratty old buses covered with pot leaf stickers, driving through the woods, and I'll be the one pulled over. Of course I'm the only one not packing drugs and guns and dead hookers in the back of my bus, so it works out well that I'm the decoy.

Enkiel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: 2018 Shasta Snow Trip: CA & OR: Thursday, Feb. 1st. Time: 0420 Reply with quote

rustybus wrote:
I'm always the decoy. I can be in the middle of a string of 20 ratty old buses covered with pot leaf stickers, driving through the woods, and I'll be the one pulled over. Of course I'm the only one not packing drugs and guns and dead hookers in the back of my bus, so it works out well that I'm the decoy.
Laughing Laughing Laughing
kombisutra
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:56 am    Post subject: Re: 2018 Shasta Snow Trip: CA & OR: Thursday, Feb. 1st. Time: 0420 Reply with quote

LAGrunthaner wrote:
Kristen did an outstanding job with this video. I hope it's OK to post here. @ 2:17 I was so surprised to see them make it through that flooded out section of the road without bogging down.

Agree, great video Kristen!

For those mechanically and psychologically capable of making the twentieth-annual Mount Shasta Snow Trip, start packing your gear. Plan on a southern Mendocino National Forest Start: Staging/Cold Camp WED. JANUARY 29th, leaving zero-dark-thirty the following morning JANUARY 30th, 2019. Stop talking about it; instead... make it happen! See you there!

Link
joe cool
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 2018 Shasta Snow Trip: CA & OR: Thursday, Feb. 1st. Time: 0420 Reply with quote

20 years of SST! Who would have thought a bunch of misfits, daredevils and outlaws could hold it together for so long?
Busted-bolt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: 2018 Shasta Snow Trip: CA & OR: Thursday, Feb. 1st. Time: 0420 Reply with quote

It just so happens when i was looking at this while I was watching a documentary on the Boeing 2707 that was proposed in the sixteys, it was called the SST . Wouldn't it be awsome to have a Shasta bus logged out in Boeing livery and decked out with faded logoes hinting to the SST that never existed. Smile
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 450, 451, 452, 453  Next
Jump to:
Page 451 of 453

Jump to: