Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

George Karacostas - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: george4888
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: April 15, 2024
stoneloco808
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent transaction. Items packed great for the long journey. Look forward to more transactions like this.
&Dan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

George sent me a set of OEM VW 40 horse P/Cs with minimal wear and they look nice!

Well-packed, tracking numbers, right on time. Parts as described. He took good care every step of the way, for parts that didn't cost too much at all.

If you need it and George has it you're in luck.
stoneloco808
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another smooth transaction. Just got my Berg Pulley. Item was packed very well. And again, item was as described. And again, I look forward to more transactions like this with George in the future.
Karmany64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent seller, item as describe, excellent comunication, buy with confidence, thanks for the BugPack remote cooler adapter and regards from Puerto Rico.

Jose Darien
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought some "used" Moroso front runners from George. It's hard to believe they were ever mounted on a car, let alone run down the track. The tires are in almost new condition.

They were packaged terrifically and comunication was amung the best I've ever had with an internet transaction. You can buy from George knowing you are getting exactly what he tells you.

Thanks George

brad
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought some Pauter rockers and CE timing gears from George. They were just as described, packaged terrifically (as usual). I will always feel good about buying stuff from George as I know it will be just as described and arrive safe and sound in a timely manner.

Thanks George!!!!!!

brad
craig's vee dubs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:22 pm    Post subject: Recent purchase Reply with quote

Just bought a Rancho transmission from George. Haven't had a chance to install it yet, but it arrived in a well packed box and in a reasonable amount of time, considering I bought it during the holidays. George was a pleasure to deal with and I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him again. Thanks, George!
thisisit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:55 am    Post subject: Great seller Reply with quote

George was such a great seller. He shipped the item quickly and it was packed so well. I would highly recommend George.
QRP
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a great deal on some weber parts from George Very Happy

A+
Buggy Brian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just purchased a beautiful steering wheel and adapter from George, and it was exactly as described. Packaged correctly, and arrived in great condition. Would deal with again!
-(Scarlett) Manx Resorter #12 (R0012B931S) on 1969 chassis.
-Original Home built buggy that started all. I learned to drive in it back in 1985.
Manx Club Member # 4436

Check out my Loretta here: http://www.manxclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=3365Manx

Scarlett is getting a Makeover! http://manxclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=82&t=3745&p=24983#p24983
gbaker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:41 am    Post subject: RLR Brakes Reply with quote

I purchased front and rear RLR brakes from George.

Excellent seller!
808donn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:42 pm    Post subject: george4888 - [email protected] - George Karacostas Reply with quote

Dealing with George Karacostas (george4888) was a pleasure! I bought a set of tail light lenses from him and he had it shipped to me here in Hawaii. He was prompt, courteous and very accommodating. The package arrive in a timely manner and was packed so well that he would put professional packers to shame! I would definitely do business with him again, possibly buy an engine from him as I see he has built some pretty impressive engines in the past.

Mahalo (Hawaiian for thank you) George!!!
Darth Jetta
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: George Karacostas - [email protected] Reply with quote

George must be in a bad mood today. Emailed him about a set of "88mm Slip In P&Cs he had on here as of 7/28/16. Asked if they were the thick wall type on the head end or thin wall all the way thru... His ad only said they were AA and AA makes both styles and list them as SLIP IN since no case machining is necessary. His photos ONLY showed the case ends and it was not possible to tell - nor was it mentioned in his ad AT THAT TIME that no machining was necessary for the case nor the heads.

So I got emails back from George basically calling me an idiot for asking these questions and stating that it was in his ad and if people were so stupid (my word) he would start putting Webster's definitions in there.... BUT he had added some text to the ad to clarify- for us idiots.

Seeing a great deal on Samba for exactly what you were looking for... PRICELESS. Dealing with the D|ŠK selling it WORTHLESS.

7/29/16 - I am editing my post to include additional information... like some people do to their ads after someone asks a question. In this case I asked a simple question because I was ready to buy what he had to sell. Since I was going to give him money for something I myself could not examine I did not think this offensive nor an unintelligent thing to do. However the response to my inquiry did dissuade me from continuing with the efforts to purchase his good condition well priced item. I was taken quite by surprise by the attitude and lashed back... not proud.

Here are the email strings (UNEDITED):

Q1: Is Paypal an option?
(Paypal was not listed as a payment option - but I ask because often the seller will in fact accept it - and I prefer to pay that way for the protection.)

A1: Send me $85 and paypal is an option. I have to pay their fees.
My account is under my email address or:
[email protected]
Thank you for your inquiry. I am trying to make $30-$35 for myself on this sale. Not much money !!

(So far so good... Nice and friendly. I want this item - but I needed to be sure.)

Q2: George... Are these the thick wall top type cylinders that require head machining? Or the slip in case and head type?
(Simple question I thought since the text of the ad nor the photos confirmed it. The manufacturer (AA) lists the 88mm Thick Wall and 88mm Thin Wall BOTH as SLIP IN kits with a caveat that the Thick Wall kit requires machining the heads. I just wanted to know...)

A2: Seriously, does anyone read the ad ?? It reads " Slip in Bore Kit". Also, one can tell by the close up and accurate photos I took of the thin walls on the cylinders. I think I also mentioned in the ad there was no machine work needed to use these, just a stock size head and case.
(This is were it all fell apart. The photos did NOT show the top end of the cylinders - therefore they were not accurate in answering my question. The ad di NOT state no machining necessary at that point (since edited). At this point I did feel that I was being called an idiot (just like the mechanic he refers to in his ad).)

At this point I guess the skirmish began.

My response: REALLY GEORGE!! The photos are of the case end of the cylinders which are thin in either style "slip in" kit. The head end was not visible and therefore I asked the question specifically about that...
Thank you for helping me save $85.00.

His response: I added another sentence to the ad to explain what "slip in" means. If this does not help anyone to understand what I have for sale, I will add definitions from Webster's .. Good Grief !!!

My final childish response: Add that you are a d|Šk as well... (in the interest of accuracy I in fact did spell out that word).

I capitulate..... Speak to the hand

Last edited by Darth Jetta on Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:44 am; edited 1 time in total
george4888 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: George Karacostas - [email protected] Reply with quote

I did not call anyone an idiot, period ! The ad stated Slip IN. If they were machine fit I would have printed Machine fit or machine fit needed. I don't know what else I can state in ads to make them understandable to those who just want to pick a fight, which I am not even in the ring, so I have no idea what this past post was about. I wrote back to him and explained they were indeed Slip In's before his critical post. The details I give are usually more than other ads show, on the samba web site. I go into more detail to not mislead anyone about these 88's or any other parts, for sale.

Maybe, the past post person is having a bad day ? I know I am not! I explained via email exactly what he needed to know and answered his questions. The key to the photos is the thin wall shown in the photos and if anyone knows what "normal" cylinder walls look like, they certainly know what they saw in my many photos to be the slip in cylinders with thin walls.

Some people, you cannot please, no matter how hard you try. I feel sorry for them. The cheap price in the ad for the 88's reflect my knowing they are not popular and many would not want to buy them, so pricing with shipping included was shown as 1/2 price of what the local VW parts place sells them for, when new. I mentioned in the ad, these might be more of value to someone who only needed to replace one or two of their pistons and/or cylinders.

Okay, added more wording to the ad, after I realized ONE person did not understand it. Nothing more I can do to please this person. And, did that before I knew about this negative comment about me. How much nicer can I get ?? Not possible !

Have a wonderful day and pray for the welfare of America in this election year.
www.bayareavwclub.com
1969 Beetle, 2007cc engine

"Life is hard, but it's harder when you are stupid."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bonanzace
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:06 am    Post subject: Re: George Karacostas - [email protected] Reply with quote

Just bought a set of custom valve covers from George. Great communication, Covers were bagged then bubble wrapped then set in Styrofoam. And to top it off they were a work of art!! Thanks for the great deal George.
1927 Ave-T track roadster

Laxin like a zombie in the back of a kombi
Otan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: George Karacostas - [email protected] Reply with quote

I bought a vintage part from George, shipment was super fast and well packaged. Excellent communication

Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Charlo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:55 am    Post subject: Re: George Karacostas - [email protected] Reply with quote

George rocks!
Even though he had to sort through all his inventory after a hurricane wreaked havoc on TX, he got back to me within a day saying he had the item I was interested in.
George subsequently sent me a (more) detailed description on the condition and use of the item, along with a tracking number and request that I let him know I received the item Ok. This all for a $12 item!
I most assuredly would purchase from George again. Great VDub service!
Signed, grateful in Oregon.
2ndsuper beetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: George Karacostas - [email protected] Reply with quote

I bought some parts from george on friday and they arrived on monday......packed well, priced fairly, and he answers emails very very promptly!.....i recommend him to all on samba!!.....and, he's also very honest......what else could u ask for in a seller????......6 STARS
Gray Oval Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: George Karacostas - [email protected] Reply with quote

Purchased some small parts from George. He's excellent to deal with. cheers ~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dan Ruddock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:08 pm    Post subject: Re: George Karacostas - [email protected] Reply with quote

George worked to make me happy. Thanks Dan
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: