Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

my65vert - mike riel - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: my65vert
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: September 25, 2022
cru62
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a T2 spindle from Mike. There were some hiccups along the way, but everything worked out in the end. He really helped a brotha out. Thanks, Mike!

Jokes about German sausage are the wurst.

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
my65vert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cru62 wrote:
Bought a T2 spindle from Mike. There were some hiccups along the way, but everything worked out in the end. He really helped a brotha out. Thanks, Mike!

Just posting to inform of the 'hiccups'

The address provided to me for Jer-Fab did not include the unit # of the shop. Fed- ex tried to deliver but could not, called jer-fab to get the unit # for fed-ex to deliver. Got it but it was too late and the package was already on its way back.

Got the package back, got the right address and overnighted the package to Jer-Fab free of charge from Fed-ex.

Glad I could help Chris!
I'm starting to get little wafts of bus stink coming from the north. Something about the unique scent of drivers seat padding when it's glued together with mouse piss and shit that really gets me going... and I'm smelling it! Oh yeah! Time to start loading up the equipment.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
78vert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike was great to buy from. He kept in close contact with me the whole time. I picked up a pedal car from him at a pretty fair price. He shipped the item the same day that he got the money order and I would definately buy from him again if he has something that I want/need.
///Mink
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike is great to deal with. I bought a part from him and there was a small issue. Mike came through with flying colors and made it right. Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
///Mink
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone heard from Mike recently? Shortly after I posted the feedback above, I mailed him a Thing exhaust system with the agreement that he would either pay me cash or we'd work out a trade deal for some parts. I mailed the muffler on June 28th and now I can't get him to reply to PMs or emails.
Käfer59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike is a stand up guy! I just purchased a bumper from him, and the shipping company I sent out to him stood him up twice. Mike also tried to save me money by asking if there was somewhere he could take the bumper to help out. Everything came out great and I'm very happy! Thanks Mike
///Mink
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to do this, but since Mike won't reply to my emails or PMs so I'm kind of out of options. I know Mike is a long time member of theSamba, and I have had good dealings with him in the past.

On June 28th, I mailed a Thing exhaust system that I had advertised to Mike on good faith - we agreed he would either pay me the $80 for the exhaust or send me parts of an equivalent value from a Thing he was parting out.

We had contact on 7/7, 7/13, 8/12, and 8/25. Each time there were assurances that the parts were being shipped, or the money was being mailed, or that his computer was down, etc. Neither money nor parts ever arrived. In the past week, I've both emailed and PMed him - those messages were ignored.

Mike, I know you're a good guy, but it's time to step up and either send me the money or parts. We're going on 3 months here.
///Mink
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another week, no replies to my emails or PMs. However, Mike still visits the site and posts in the forums.

I really find it hard to believe a long-time member of this site would risk his reputation for a palty $80. I guess no good deed goes unpunished.
Chris Hollaway
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought some smoothie rims from Mike. The family and I drove down to pick them up, very nice guy and even cut me some more slack with the price. Got a free bug fender out of the deal too. I would deal with him anytime. Thanks Mike.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
///Mink
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two more weeks. No payment, no parts, no contact at all.

However, when I posted above (on September 20th), Everett contacted Mike and told him to resolve the issue. That same day, Mike wrote the following (to Everett, not me):

my65vert wrote:
sorry ev, i just sent his stuff off this morning.
Mike

According to the USPS, a parcel post package mailed from Middlesburg FL to my location would take approximately 7 days. Since it's been 14 days, I can only assume Mike is now lying to Everett as well.

Just FYI, the last time Mike contacted me was August 25th.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see his visited the site today so bam, all ads are deactivated until this is resolved or proof of mailing is provided.

I sent him another email that says the same.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
///Mink
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to some intervention from Everett, I finally received payment today. As far as I'm concerned, the matter is closed.
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bought some small parts from Mike. they were shipped promptly and packed well, parts were as described. thanks!
busnutbob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: feedback Reply with quote

Mike responded to a want ad that I had posted. My parts arrived in just a few days and were just as he described. Thanks again.
shano63 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought I'd add this.. I posted some pics of my rusted out seats and asked what I should do with them. Mike stepped up and said he had a pair for me. Went the extra distance of stripping off the old covers, took some pics and e-mailed them to me. He even worked out transportation from FLA for me via another samba member. On top of all that he threw in a rear facing seat cushion...for nothing. Mike is a real stand up guy, would not hesitate to do business with him in the future. Thanks again Mike!
78 F250 4x4 4spd

Chris

Take it as it comes-- Morrison
ucdtyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 2:33 pm    Post subject: Feedback Reply with quote

I placed a WTB ad and Mike was the first and only one to respond. He had what I was looking for and was even flexible on the price. The part arrived within three-four days. Awesome!!!
brettsvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike for the two steering boxes ($50 for both) and the bay gas tank in pristine condition ($40).

I will hold onto the windshield for you.

My 59 kombi build.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=635003&highlight=

My buggy build.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=558601&highlight=

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=289807
Derrick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Received some bay bus wing windows today, should have asked for more pics.
All the rust holes wer coveniently not shown in the pics. Disappointyed in the product. beware of what you see.
my65vert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derrick wrote:
Received some bay bus wing windows today, should have asked for more pics.
All the rust holes wer coveniently not shown in the pics. Disappointyed in the product. beware of what you see.

why am I reading this here without any email from you on this? I sent you two rear vent windows( 1 bieng perfect and one missing one tab that is easily fixed) Both frames which were not in great condition but could make one from two. For $60 shipped.

Just for the record, I was offered $50 for just the one perfect one by another buyer, so in no way do I think you got burned.

You could have emailed me and mentioned something?? I have access to more and could have done something to ensure a buyers happiness?

thanks.
I'm starting to get little wafts of bus stink coming from the north. Something about the unique scent of drivers seat padding when it's glued together with mouse piss and shit that really gets me going... and I'm smelling it! Oh yeah! Time to start loading up the equipment.
bugzey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just bought a westy parts lot from him...shipping was fast and very well packed! Quick reply on emails. Item was just as described! Would have no problem buying from him in the future! thanks Mike!
.......(........)
.....(o\_!_/o)
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: