Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Gene Berg - GENEBERG - [email protected]
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: GENEBERG
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: April 09, 2024
lenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:47 pm    Post subject: Gene Berg - GENEBERG - [email protected] Reply with quote

got my berg bus shifter w/locking base today! awesome product,customer service and support! thanks for the fizzy candies! merry xmas! Laughing
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You just bought the last shifter you'll ever need.

Tim and the staff at GBE are the "best".

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
splitpile
Samba's Worst Speller

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you plan on owning your bus for a while and driving it, nothing beats the BERG shifter for shear driving pleasure, have had one in my 60 DD for years and still shifts as good today as it did when installed
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Levonbenelli
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DUH!
mattsvdub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a big bump for Gene Berg Ent.
and a bit of humor.....

I Ordered a New Berg 5 speed shifter for my current project and also ordered a complete set of tech manuals...(manuals cost roughly $40)
Anyhow when I got them I took them up to my hide-out / retreat and my 2 year old son followed close behind.... Well to make a long story shorter, He must have picked up the manuals and placed them in a pile of financial papers I was getting ready to take out to our Fire Pit and as I was burning all this stuff I see a Gene Berg cover floating in the air and as I looked down I knew exactly what had happened.... Man was I sick...
So I scooped the remains out of the fire took some digital photos and sent them to GBE... along with this same story and that I did not expect them to do anything but maybe cut me some kind of a deal on a new set....
Would'nt you know they had sent me a full set of replacemnts no charge!!
Now thats class...
They were so nice talking to them on the phone and seemed very down to earth...
I hope there around when I have questions about my 5 speed setup...
Just thought I'd share this bit of dumb humor and good service...
rizzag
Now Wut?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i only use a few of their products like o-ringed oil pumps, pressure relief full flow covers, and shifters. that stuff is top notch, and the candy doesnt hurt either! they have the best sumps too if anyone ever needs one.
mattsvdub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my GB Lash caps today
Installed 7 of them and on the eighth one it broke in two Crying or Very sad
I called Stephanie and Tim at Bergs and they expressed out 2 replacements at no charge!
I fully expected to buy them as it was my own dumb fault and they were so nice on the phone and had no problem sending the replacements...
I know Bergs can be a bit pricey but I have gotten more than I paid for on numerous occasions from them... Far superior service and equally good products..
They get my vote for Sellers of the month...
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt,

I broke one also when I replaced my springs and retainers last year. They were out of stock and back ordered, but Tim found one in his tool box and sent it right out.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mattsvdub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Glenn, Now I don't feel so dumb... Wink
joe13
Samba Junkie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buddie bought a 911 setup, Freakin awsome quality, and the phone conversation was just as good, the kit was complete with all the little this and that stuff, the fan is absolutly beautiful. Berg also makes about 11 differnt size shrouds, from a total stocker to a huge 28?? cc motor with super flow heads that fit with almost no mods to the shroud, and anything inbetween.

He is going to be running cb fuel injection, wich caused a big problum with the linkage having to go behind the fan (it would interfere with the idel control), but berg makes a fancy linkage that takes care of this problum as well, wich saved a whole lot of headach

We have looked at 3 other companys who sell this kit and hands down the berg is the best.
bugnut68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joe13 wrote:
buddie bought a 911 setup, Freakin awsome quality, and the phone conversation was just as good, the kit was complete with all the little this and that stuff, the fan is absolutly beautiful. Berg also makes about 11 differnt size shrouds, from a total stocker to a huge 28?? cc motor with super flow heads that fit with almost no mods to the shroud, and anything inbetween.

He is going to be running cb fuel injection, wich caused a big problum with the linkage having to go behind the fan (it would interfere with the idel control), but berg makes a fancy linkage that takes care of this problum as well, wich saved a whole lot of headach

We have looked at 3 other companys who sell this kit and hands down the berg is the best.

Last I checked the Bergs don't make nor carry a 911 Porsche fan shroud set up Confused Are you sure you're not thinking of Bernie BERGmann? And it's also becoming common knowledge that 911 shrouds don't work with a damn on type 1 motors, but that's the subject for another thread...Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BERGmann

Too funny

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
vvdubman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bernie "RIP OFF" BERGmann. I bought an oval a few years back with one of his crap motors. Never again.

Back to a "QUALITY" shop. Dee and the crew have always made me feel at home every time i have stopped in the shop. Next time you are there, ask for a shop tour. If they are not busy, Dee or another staff mamber will show you what happens behind the scenes. Right before the Berg rally in 96 (i think) i was out in the shop helping out with Rick Mortensens beetle (fan shroud) I got dirty. Dee offered me a place to shower than gave me a new shirt (no charge). Awesome people!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dazed42
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered my shifter monday morning and got it today (thursday). Came packaged real well, has good instructions (don't really need them but they explain everything) and great shifter. It's like snap-on, they are real expensive but worth it.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Chumley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my parts today as promised. Packaged very well, these guys could ship an egg across country with no cracks. It was only parts for my dizzy (Thanks Glenn) but I will order again.
toyvergnugen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I installed my locking shifter a month ago and love it. Even the installation instructions were great. The first trial set up would not engage the lock up but they even explained the remedy by lossening the bolts and tapping the base a little to the left. Shifts are solid.
volkswagenut
Samba's Big Jerk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i will have to agree with everybody on the berg's they are awsome. setting the bar high! Wink everything i have ever got has fit nice. got a shifter works awsome , breather box oil filler awsome again , and am getting there linkage for the 48s in a few days. nice stuff. you get what you pay for with them.. man its like they have done this stuff before! Laughing
Dave
Samba Elder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I even wrote an editorial about this once, about a sign that is in Berg's when you first walk in.
It sounds like something Gene would have said, although I am pretty sure he isn't the original author.
It's still a typical Gene-ism, though, five words that say volumes.
It is, simply this:
Buy The Best, Cry Once"
I've used original copper straight-handled, and curved chrome handled Hursts, DDS, EMPI Eliminators, SCAT Drag-Fasts, you name it, if it is a VW shifter, I've used it, and by far, the best one I have ever used, and will never replace, is my Gene Berg Signature Series shifter.
Yep, it wasn't cheap, but again, "Buy The Best...."

"Those that matter, don't mind,
and those that mind, don't matter"
gimmesomeshelter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello-

I just received my avis adjusters from Gene Berg. The upside is that thier staff is very good, the adjusters are very well made, well packed, promptly shipped, and my kids are very fond of the enclosed candy. The only downlside is that they aren't very prompt when responding to email - just pick up the phone.

Paul

Richard Feynman
Split 1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the Berg sump and will be looking at one of their bus shifters in the near future.
After reading these posts why would you bother with anyone else.
Its true, you get what you pay for.

Dave
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: