Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Trevor P - [email protected] - Trevor Pippin
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Trevor P
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Today
GjMan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: Trevor P - [email protected] - Trevor Pippin Reply with quote

Anybody bought from this guy? I sent him money last month for an early T3 turn signal switch he advertised in the Classifieds. I emailed him when I sent the money, and he said he'd let me know when he got the money and when he shipped the part. That was last month, and i have heard nothing from Mr. Pippin. And I don't think it takes weeks and weeks for a first class letter to get to Canada. Since then I've sent numerous emails with no reply.

Guess I should have been suspicious when he gave a PO box for a mailing address.
The Ideaman
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:09 am    Post subject: Trevor Pippin Reply with quote

Earlier this year Trevor bought a Berg 5 speed from me. He paid quickly and waited for me to ship it across the country. This was a big ticket item, and he was really easy to deal with. Try calling him @ home.
Bruce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Canada Post union members are screwing with the mail from the USA. They are refusing to accept letters that have initials instead of full names. WTF that's all about is beyond me. Its their way of an unofficial strike. It was reported in the news on Wed. that truckloads of mail are being returned to the USA for this "reason".
Even if your letter contained his and your full names, it wouldn't surprise me they returned your letter for spite.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Trevor P
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lonnie I have sent you numerous replies about this. I told you that I recieved your money oreder, and went to the bank to cash it. They would not accept it due to the fact that it was only valid in the states and not in Canada. You sent me a MO with the green edging instead of the one with pink edges (international MO). I went to the post office here, and they confirmed that fact for me. I emailed you back immediately afterwards and told you this. The only response I have recieved from you every time was "Where is my turnsignal switch?" Your first email to me after you sent the MO was rather rude and threatening, and I hadn't even seen the money oreder arrive yet. You seemed to expect it to arrive over night.
I have sent you an email everyday this week telling you what happened, and you keep repeating this statement. Do you not check your inbox? Since you wouldn't reply to me and threatened to give me a bad rep on the Samba, I put your MO of no value into an envelope and mailed it back to you at the address you gave me. My PO box IS my mailing address...so that is never an issue. My phone# is on all my ads, and you are free to contact me that way. I have never had a problem with anybody on samba...whether I'm selling or buying! Your MO IS in the mail and on it's way back to you as of Dec 8 2004.
70 911T
91 Westy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
GjMan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trevor, I'm sorry for the controversy, but I can honestly say that the last email I received from you was 11/17. In it you acknowledged my email informing you that the money had been sent. You said you would let me know when the money arrived and when the part shipped. I emailed you again 11/29 asking (politely) if you had received the money. After five more days with no reply, and getting a little frustrated, I again emailed that if things went on like this, I'd be forced to post something in the classifieds feedback forum. Rude? Threatening? I don't know about that, but by then it was looking (to me) like I was dealing with a less than responsible person.

Again, I'm sorry for the controversy, and for thinking bad thoughts about you. What little I've heard about you has been positive, and I am now certain you're a reputable seller. But consider things from my perspective. You and I exchange a series of friendly emails setting up a purchase. Then when I announce that the money is on the way, your communication abruptly stops. How many of us have been down that road? We all know what it usually means.

As to the MO, I specifically asked if you accepted US postal money orders, and you replied, "Yes, I accept US money orders." Nothing about pink versus green, and, yes, I probably should have asked questions when I bought the MO, but you need to consider the possibility that not all your customers have sent money out of the country and may not be up to speed on what all is necessary. This is the first I've heard about international US postal money orders.

By the way, when did you actually get my MO? I thought ten days would be plenty of time, but maybe not.

As to the lost emails, let me check my computer for glitches. If the problem is on my end, I'll get it fixed.
GjMan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just did some digging, and Trevor is right; he replied to all my emails. Turns out, my ISP's anti-spam feature inexplicably began blocking his messages sometime after 11/17. I demanded an explanation from my ISP guys, but they really didn't have one. Something about a points system used by the server to make the determination. Now I'm looking for a new ISP. Guess that's the price I pay for being computer illiterate.

And then again, who could have dreamed that an ISP would arbitrarily begin blocking messages from a sender who had been allowed to sail thru just the day before? Spam today, but not spam yesterday? Yeah, makes perfect sense to me.

My apologies to Trevor.
jeremysmithatshawdotca
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a series of unfortunate events! I'm pretty sure you guys'll be able to get things back on track pretty quickly. The thing with the money orders is almost something you have to experience to learn, who would think that they would differentiate MO's at the post office, they don't do it at the banks, or anywhere else, it's only the US post office! I've heard of Trevor from locals here in Edmonton, and based on those people, I am comfortable in saying he is almost definitely a stand up guy, that's about as good as you can get from someone who hasn't actually dealt with a person FWIW!

Good Luck to both of you!
Jeremy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
James Buchan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't have to worry about Trevor, He's a good guy and will come through for you.
Trevor P
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to report that Lonnie and I figured it out, and everything turned out OK. A little case of internet communication gone awry by his ISP blocking my emails without his knowledge.
Thanks for the support guys. I wouldn't want anybody in VW land to think I wasn't 100% trustworthy Very Happy
70 911T
91 Westy
canabus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:30 pm    Post subject: tp Reply with quote

trevor is sometimes on our local club forum .clubveedub .,and also at our sylvan lake and calgary vw shows.I have only heard very positive things about him,he has also tried to help me with type 3 parts and been very helpful.
My 2c
hotrodsurplus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stand-up dude and good transaction. He shipped quick. I'm certainly happy. Would definitely buy again.
manoa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought an early welded fan from Tever. Real nice deal.

Cool

(o\ ! /o)
-----
velvetgreen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trevor and I just finished a deal and am very happy how it turned out. Trevor was easy to deal with, patient with the logistics of a cross country deal and very honest in his descriptions.

Thanks again Trevor it was a pleasure dealing with you.
Wolfsburg Classics
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:02 pm    Post subject: . Reply with quote

Trevor is a great guy to deal with, I sent him the part before payment as he was a little hestant due to some of my feedback re delays in shipping caused by our 7477 earthquakes and the disruptions it has caused....we agreed when he received the part he would pay.
He honoured his word and paid promptly and I would not hesitate to do more with him in the future and hopefully will.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kekonaiii
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:43 am    Post subject: Item bought Reply with quote

Trevor was very understanding for my mistake. He allowed me to make good on it and I find that rare in people today. Thanks Trevor
Clamback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Trevor Pippin, [email protected], Canada Reply with quote

Square deal.

Good guy to work with.
txvwnut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: Trevor P - [email protected] - Trevor Pippin Reply with quote

Bought valve guide checking tool from Trevor and the deal went smooth as butter. He sent confirmation of shipping and communicated every step. He is the type of stand up guy you want to see in our veedub community.
lbyford
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: Trevor P - [email protected] - Trevor Pippin Reply with quote

Thanks Trevor, Im very happy with the Bug handles, ign and BD brake cyls. Very easy to deal with, friendly emails. Great deal, very happy. Will keep an eye for other parts

Thanks, Lee. Smile
ataraxia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Trevor P - [email protected] - Trevor Pippin Reply with quote

Bought a parts book from Trevor - advertised as having 'no missing pages'.

Book arrived in good time, packed well and indeed has no missing pages.

Thanks!
soupcups Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Trevor P - [email protected] - Trevor Pippin Reply with quote

Bought some real nice armrests from Trevor. Description was very accurate and pictures told the story. Thanks Trevor.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: