Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Somebody Looking for FI System Parts?
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob D.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:28 am    Post subject: Somebody Looking for FI System Parts? Reply with quote

Wasn't somebody recently looking for fuel injection parts? In the samba classified there are currently two ads for complete system from a '79; one is listed at $225, and another for $185. No affiliation at all, know only what is in ads, but thought I would give a heads-up.

And not that I have an opinion or anything, but here's hoping someone will be able to trash their yucky Pinto progressive and go back to FI. Razz
Proud Member #1, SBS (Stock Bus Society)

*Enjoy and appreciate your good health*

We used to play for silver
Now we play for life
riverjunkyy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one of the systems. Someone make me an offer so I can get some carbs on my new bus I just purchased.
matt
DurocShark
Samba Member

Location: Crappy town in a crappy state. But the beach is nearby, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

riverjunkyy wrote:
I have one of the systems. Someone make me an offer so I can get some carbs on my new bus I just purchased.
matt

You actually want to give up your FI for carbs?

Man. I'd love to give up my carbs for FI. But I don't have time or money to do that until mid-summer. Sad
VWBusrepairman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it when someone else calls those Pinto carbs!! I gave an entire box of them away a while back. Only thing in the garage is injection parts and a pair of solex carbs from a '72- complete.

Injection is the way to go for sure, but those ads want too much for it all. I will wait for someone to get frustrated and give me some. I only want a complete injection to test my engines on the bench.
sweetbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a buddy who just moved to a weber setup from FI and will let it go for cheep....like ....shipping cost!!! we are in norfolk va ...... let me know if you want his old FI stuff
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: