Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

MOFOCO - [email protected]
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: May 09, 2023
2true
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:08 am    Post subject: MOFOCO - [email protected] Reply with quote

After reading all the bad press on that company including my own bad press.

( I bought a ALL NEW (except for the pushrods) Mofoco engine that was a total peice of Junk. The head had a dropped valve at less than 10 grand on the motor. The cam was bad and kept eating the cam thrust bearing. I called and they made me feel like a criminal.

Yeah they are all nice to you until you get the product.

I WOULD NEVER RECCOMEND MOFOCO for ANYTHING.

In fact when I called them the last time I told them I was going to put up a web page that says how bad their product and service is. They reccomended that I don't.

1600$ for a piece of junk motor that had to be torn down 3 times THANKS MOFOCO !)

I advise we that got burned spread the word to save others from being burned by MoFoCo or GEX. THANKS Think
whynotvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought couple of motors from serranos in torrance Ca. I've had good experienes so far. try them if you need a motor.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
2true
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Needjc wrote:
I bought couple of motors from serranos in torrance Ca. I've had good experienes so far. try them if you need a motor.

Thanks for the info. Dancing
jbbugs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After reading all the bad press on Mofoco,why did you buy a motor from them in the first place?

69 OG paint Transporter
73' Super Beetle Champcar Endurance Roadracer
Patina my ass, that's a Rust Bucket!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
2true
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbbugs wrote:
After reading all the bad press on Mofoco,why did you buy a motor from them in the first place?

It was back in 2001 and I didn't read any bad press from them. I looked in HotVW's and saw the ad.

The prob with those rags (hot vw's and VwTrends) is they don't care who advertises.

It is kinda like you telling someone about someone with no cares how the situatin turns out.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: